What Do You Do To Prepare For A Competition???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i have to walk out with the same person pray when i get on the floor say our father backstage with the team and bring my frog pillow pet to every comp. same sports bra =)

First, I eat anything and everything I want to! Usually though I'm on a tight budget and have already blown 1/4 of my money and beef jerky and candy and slurpees on the car ride there (or plane ride). So it usually ends up being whatever cheap food I can find LOL. Then I shower and usually shave my legs. Yes I'm a boy and no I don't care that nobody sees. I just feel clean and smooth and flexible when I shave them. Then I blast cheer music and I get ready. First comes the day 1 underwear! Then comes the under armor and warm up pants and a Cali shirt over that. The uniform top and pants are neatly folded in my bag full of trade shirts and spare change and whatever else I find that I like to keep in my cheer bag. I lace up my Nfinitys and its off to the comp!!

I get really nervous before we go on the mat and my breathing changes too. So the ten minutes before we go on I'm yawning like crazy and sweating and thinking about the routine. Then I walk out and hit everything and watch teams all day haha

-I have to wear the same pair of socks both comp. days
- listen to "the prayer" by kid cudi before I enter the arena
- After warm-ups i have to jump up and down to get pumped up!

As a coach I ALWAYS double check my little girls shoe laces. We've had a few flying infinity accidents....

Before competitions I always eat LOTS early in the morning. I wear the same sports bra underneath my uniform every competition. And I have a lucky hair tie that unfortunately broke :'( so I put it in my competition bag for the day.
I'm always nervous though! In my routine there's one part every competition (about a minute and 40 seconds into the routine), and only at competition, where I feel like I could throw up any second. I start coughing and my nose starts to run while I'm on the mat. It's horrible and I'm most afraid about throwing up during competition before I go onto the mat! Not for anything else, just that!

I tried not to eat, but my mom would make me!! And it helped but a we used to break the toilet and then before we went out everyone would talk and I like was super quiet because I feel like I may mess up by talking haha nothing extreme!

my lucky underwareee:)
always have my red bull<3
i walk onto the floor with the same person up to the center front of the mat and wave
after we compete i hug the same person!

before i step on the mat even in warm up i tighten my nfinitys pull my bloomers all the way down ! and tighten my hairr so it doesnt fly out . after warm-ups and we wait to go on the floor my team sits in a circle and we sing our music, some people are assagined certain voiceovers but every pretty much knows them and says them anyway :)

I have a couple things...
- It seems like everytime I compete, right before going on the floor i'm ranting about how I don't know why I cheer, and I'm sooooo nervous. But as soon as i'm on the floor it reminds me why i've been cheering for 10 years, and all the nervousness turns into excitement :)
- I always have to drink chocolate milk in the morning before competing.
- My lucky purple hair tie has to be on my body somewhere, it broke, so it's tied on my shoe.
- My hair has to be perfect.
- I only do my tumbling pass ONCE in warmups and I never* warm up jumps.
- I have to have a drink before I compete because I get the worst cotton mouth ever haha.
- Like someone else said, my shoes have to be extremely tight i'm always scared there going to fly off.
- Cheer music all morning before competing, and I always have to pray with my team beforehand<3
AH, saying all this really makes me want to compete!

as a team, we do a mental run through, pray and spin to win
and for me
i eat as little as possible (but i have low blood sugar so my mom makes me!)
i only drink gatorade
lucky hair elastic
ankles taped as tight as they can go, and i have to do them myself
stretch for like everrrr
and from the minute we step into warmups i don't talk unless i have to!

I can't eat until about an hour after I compete. No matter how late I end up competing. I did once and felt nauseous before taking the floor. My team also has a pep talk before we go on.

Back