All-Star What Goes Under The Uniform????

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lol, I know and belong to that forum also! I guess I should have phrased it better, but my real question is, how would you feel if your cheer coach told you or your cp to wear a thong to competition?
If they gave a legitimate reason as to why (lines showing, white shorts like in our case, etc.), then it wouldn't bother me. That being said, I think I have more of the perspective of a cheer uniform as more of a stage "costume" anyways, so that may be why it doesn't really bother me.

We had this problem last year... our spankies were bulit into our skirts and whenever they would tumble, jump, or fly it'd be flashes of hot pink, lime green, and zebra. I simply asked our parents would you rather have people starring at your childs electric blue underwear while she pulls that bow or buy her some nude or black undies (we had black spankies). I dont think I would ever ask my parents to buy thongs for that age group, but dance is very different than cheer... panty lines under some spankies aren't exactly going to reflect in our score. Now if only I could get my minis to understand why they do NOT need to have their parents buy a halter bra for their new halter unis:confused:

I mean maybe it's because I am not a parent so I do not know how it is to have a child, but I don't see the giant controversy with it. I started wearing thongs when I was about 12 or 13 mostly because of cheer. I was always picking wedgies and uncomfortable with the way you could see my underwear line through my shorts. I don't think by allowing your daughter to wear a certain type of underwear you are in anyway condoning anything other than being more comfortable in a uniform (or costume) and feeling more confident. But that is just IMO.

underarmour makes great athletic underwear. they make boyshorts, hipsters/bikinis, and thongs that aren't as skimpy as most thongs (if that makes sense). I'm assuming that the dance teacher is concerned with underwear lines, and any of the undies that underarmour makes don't show any lines. and they're super comfy :)

Myself and a few of my dance moms friends were talking and a lot of them are upset because a dance teacher told a group of 6-11 year old girls that they needed to buy thongs to wear under their costumes. I'm split on the matter, mostly because I understand were both parties are coming from, but how would you feel if your coach or your child's coach told them that they had to wear a thong under their uniform?
My biggest question is how do the kids feel about? Do they feel uncomfortable with the idea? Do the thongs ride up or dig into their skin (I know I've had ones that did)? I think if you don't make it a big deal, the kids won't feel uncomfortable wearing them.

Back