All-Star What Happens To Trophies?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We have them displayed around our gym, i have no clue what they are gonna do with this season's trophies though if our gym started to do the whole "MVP" thing that would be SWEET!!:)

At my daughter's gym them allowed the kids to take home the trophies that they didn't have room for. They started with Tiny's and worked their way up. The little girls loved it!

We are running out of room so I decided to give them away as prizes to stunt groups at stunt camp. I think it'll be a hit and then I won't have trophies on top of the coke machine, the cubbies, the counters, the wall....it's a win-win!

When my son raced he got a trophy at every event. Participant- to 1st place. These trophies were about 1-5 ft tall. His room was packed- cool for awhile. But when we decided to get rid of them we talked to the local trophy shop and they gave us some money back for the parts they could reuse. Maybe we could sell them back to the EP's to reuse- and they could discount our comp fees.

We award an MVP of the day and find a second accolade...most improved, most consistent etc one will receive the trophy and the other the banner for all competitions except for Jamfest Super Nationals, NCA/NDA Nationals, Cheersport Nationals and Worlds.

Every year at the year end banquet, each team has 3 members which are given Most Inspirational, Most Improved, or the Coach's Award, so they just take the old trophies and switch the metal plates on them. With about 13 teams in the gym, it allows there to be continual room on our trophy shelves!

We have a ridiculous amount of trophies in our gym, they're basically in every nook and cranny! I know at one point they were going to give some of the older trophies away at the year-end parties, but looking at our parent area and entrance I'm not sure that's happened. :)

WC awards them to the kids. The coaches pick the cheerleader of the comp and award the trophy. They only keep the NCA and Worlds and they are on display at the gym, for all to enjoy. they also have the very first UCA and Cheersport championship trophy ever won. The gym also only keeps the NCA and Worlds Banners all others are given to the cheerleaders like the trophies
Doesn't the gym get replicas made of the trophies they keep to give out to the cheerleader of the comp?

I think my gym keeps the really important trophies like NCA and leaves them out for display but for all the others I remember some of our coaches just giving them out to some of the athletes asking them if they want one to take home!

How much money could we all save if there was only 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies from now on?
I agree to a point, some gyms goal is to place top 5 or etc. I spoke to someone from WC that explained how they award certain trophies to athletes that did exceptional at that comp or threw a skill for the first time or danced really well or something. I really like the fact of awarding a trophy from locals to the kids.

Back