All-Star What Is In Your Competition Bag?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 9, 2012
*Sorry if this thread already exists, i searched but nothing popped up that was related to what i was wondering!*

What do you guys put in your bag? I'm loading my bag up for my first competition, and I don't want to forget an essential!

And, what bag do you use? I'm using my Victoria Secret Sparkle-y bag! :)

Short answer....everything I need to survive. Long answer...deodorant, makeup, hairspray, a tooth brush (you never know), money, bobby pins, gum, extra hair ties, a bottle of water, extra socks, a snack (preferably one that won't spill or crumble everywhere), a phone charger, and usually I even have a change of clothes and more than one pair of nfinitys.

I have to say... packing my bag for competitions is something I really miss about cheer as weird as that may sound. I loved getting ready for competitions in general, and I miss packing my bag up because it was like that was when the competition weekend began and I started getting in competition mode. Idk I just miss it :rolleyes:

The bag I pack for my daughter is famous: competition makeup, nail polish remover pads, makeup wipes, hairspray, bobby pins, hair clips, hair elastics, small brush, comb, mini first aid kit, "feminine" products, Shout wipes, Wet Ones wipes, extra socks, extra sports bra, Advil, money and a small bottle of water.

Granola bars are good, Icy hot, hairspray bobby pins, hairties, comp makeup, ibuprofen, water, cash, warmups, socks, shoes(duh), whatever else you might need :)
I have a friend who's diabetic so she brings all of her insulin and things...

Teasing comb, mini hairspray, a package of bobby pins, a package of hair ties, t-shirts and bows to trade, a hairbrush, extra white socks (there's always that ONE girl who forgets them.), advil, feminine things, scissors, bronzer, mascara, lipgloss, my wallet, a small thing of nail polish remover pads, makeup remover wipes, goldfish, my camelbak.... And that's all I can think of right now. Usually its my mom carrying it around. I also haven't competed in two years, so... Times could have changed... But that's what I always found helpful!

One thing I have not seen listed yet is hand sanitizer (wet ones wipes don't count) ....that is a definite must in my opinion. That being said, my daughters cheer bag has everything she thinks she needs and a whole lot of junk she will never need which is why it weighs about 15 pounds. The things we pull out of that bag will baffle the mind. LOL!

As we travel like 3+ hours to get to our comps on the same day as comp, we don't get ready til we get to the venue to I have alll make-up anyone could ever need, hair grips, hair bobbles, teasing comb, hairspray, bow/s, uniform, shoes, white socks, knee support, ibuprofen, curling wand, I travel in my warm-ups so I don't need those, food, and more food, money, if we need our cheerleader card for that comp I have that on a neck tie thing, sunglasses, even in England its too sunny for my poor eyes at 6am, headphones for when my lovely teammates are maybe a little too loud, a blanket and pillow to just have on the coach if its cold + on the way home :)

I'm like the mom of the team when it's comes to this stuff. I always have at least three pairs of white socks, ALWAYS nail polish remover , Hairties, bobby pins, Healthy snacks for everyone, gum,I buy mini hairsprays for the people who need a touch up,ankle wrist and knee braces just in case somebody needs it, noisemakers, bra clips for any showing bra straps I see, bandaids,Glitter spray, Ibuprofen, and all my makeup I'm kind of OCD

A few things I always make sure to bring other than what's been listed is the competition schedule, which I usually highlight the teams from my gym or other teams I really want to see so I don't miss them. For big venues, like Cheersport Nationals in Atlanta, I had a map of the GWCC, of course, highlighted with where I needed to be and the times to be there, restrooms, etc. and when we had a hotel, a map from the venue to the hotel with the address and whatnot.
Some say that stuff is unneeded, but you never know. :)

Sounds odd, but I always pack medical tape. It's good to cover earrings (juniors who just got ears pierced), to cover safety pins so they don't move/slip or come undone and stab you and I use it to tape my shoe laces into my shoes so they don't come undone during performances.

My list of odd must haves (on top of the "normal" stuff):
-medical tape
-safety pins
-extra shoe laces
-gel shoe pads
-a cushion to sit on
-insta-hot and insta-cold packs
-blister band aids (special padded band aids)
-ziplock baggies (for random things. I Baggie everything individually! Tan, hairspray, gel, deodorant, etc)
-drinking straws (so I don't wreck makeup and stuff)
-tissues, baby wipes, sanitizer and makeup wipes.
-travel cutlery set (MUST be plastic. Most places will not allow silverware/metal cutlery!)
-packet meals and a flask with hot water (make sure it won't leak and that it's insulated)

Normal stuff
-uniform (in a large ziplock or a garment bag- you do not want to mess up your uniform today)
-make up kit
-shoes in my bag (wear other shoes, so you don't dirty your cheer shoes)
-bow (I have a bow case, so it doesn't get crushed)
-Bobbi pins (brings heaps!)
-hairspray and hair products
-brush and comb
-hair ties (again, bring heaps!)
-extra sports bra
-fashion/Hollywood tape (holds uniform in place so nothing rides up, drops, slips, shows, etc)
-spare socks
-team warmups
-spare spankies
-hygiene products
-a filtered water bottle (or multiple bottles of water incase! Usually you can refill though :))
- filling snacks or small meals (check to see if it's allowed at the venue- if not, the worst that will happen is you have to throw it out.)
-some cash (I usually bring enough to buy a Tshirt, odd things, food if needed)
-everything from the odd list

Hope I helped! Good luck at your comps everyone! :)

Latest posts

Back