All-Star What was your favorite competition?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

NJ Coach

10's Across the Board....literally.
Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Mar 23, 2010
I was having a conversation today with 2 friends from the industry. It made me think of competitions I loved before they got taken over by the big V. My 2 faves were SpiritFest and Cheersport.

What competitions did you love before the mass takeover?

I really liked the Spirit Celebration comps in Texas. Billy is a great EP. I was sad when they got taken over.

Mardi Gras Bead Blast in Hershey, PA. I competed there twice (2015 and 20-16), both before the mass takeover. I competed at Reach The Beach in 2015 as well. Was Reach The Beach part of Varsity in 2015?? Reach The Beach is by far my favorite competition other than Cheersport and Worlds.

Jamfest, I always thought the mascot Jammy was fun.

And what was the one called that they premiered at the real movie theaters along time ago? Was it Cheer Alliance???

NCA is my all time favorite but they have always been part of Varsity.

Jamfest, I always thought the mascot Jammy was fun.

And what was the one called that they premiered at the real movie theaters along time ago? Was it Cheer Alliance???

NCA is my all time favorite but they have always been part of Varsity.
Champions League

Whatever happened to Champions League? Is it still a thing?
They still have competitions, but nothing like it used to be. More like a normal comp, but they have the prom beforehand for the athletes, which I believe is for all ages and teams. And there are multiple "Championship League" comps in different locations throughout the year.

I loved Jamfest Super Nationals when it was free to spectators and was just such a huge, fun competition. That felt like the competition for us where EVERYONE was there, and the coaches room was amazing.
I also liked the ones that had the themes... All Star Challenge. They had Queen of the Nile with really fun backdrops and pillars on the side, and it felt so big and fancy.

Sorry for the double post, but depending if your an owner, coach, athlete, wife or husband, I believe "the why" has less to do with the EP and more to do with what is important to you...which very well may be cheer politics.

"The why" I liked a comp had absolutely nothing to do with who the EP was and everything to do with how much school my kid's would miss, the travel cost, the potential weather, and overall attendance. Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I disliked the amount of varying score sheets back in the day. For me, heading toward a single score sheet/set of rules was a huge step forward, but to the dismay of many, scoring and rules are proprietary and often what separates people when it comes to any sport organization.

With that said, if I lived in Dallas instead of Atlanta, I have no doubt my favorite would be NCA instead of Cheersport. I have no doubt my kids would always choose UCA, because for them, it was a low stress comp after Cheersport and NCA, and there was sun and Mickey. My husband would vote for any and all one days close to home, extra points if they had decent food and football playing on a screen somewhere. This is a great question with a million answers as to why.

Mine was Cheersport - simply for the fact that there was some kind of video coverage. Loved staying up late at night chatting with people from around the world, crying together when the livestream didn't work right when a fan favorite was on stage, and then cheering for all of the teams.

Back