What Would You Do If In This Situation At A Comp.?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You did the right thing - these parents are really annoying, but starting a fight with them wouldn´t have helped your team or your gym. They would continue talking these things about you, your gym, other gyms.

But i can imagine that situation, i´ve had this before and i wanted to turn around and say something like: Yes, you´re so right. Your kids were great. But i think our kids were amazing, too. Don´t you think?

Just for fun. But i´m the coach, so i never say a word. It´s all about what happens on the floor :)

parents in the audience who make those comments are usally the ones who think they know the sport, but generally have no idea of score sheets, they will never go away . a whole crowd of "grown ups" actually booooed my daughters team for winning after they were awarded, it was crazy. and after you looked back you could easily see where points where deducted and given correctly

parents in the audience who make those comments are usally the ones who think they know the sport, but generally have no idea of score sheets, they will never go away . a whole crowd of "grown ups" actually booooed my daughters team for winning after they were awarded, it was crazy. and after you looked back you could easily see where points where deducted and given correctly
Can't even imagine adults booing kids. I hope I never have to see it.

I have to admit... I wouldn't have started a defending conversation, but I would have taken off my jacket, tapped them on the shoulder, wished them good luck and made sure they saw my gym name as I walked away. :)

You're discounting the possibility that those moms already knew what gym you were from and were baiting you....it happens.

In this particular case, you absolutely passed the test by not taking the bait. They were most likely dying to say something snarky directly to you and waiting for you to open the door so they could fire a shot across the bow. By not saying anything.....you got the last word.

And....and proved you're the better person.

I'm not sure who your cp cheers for (were in NC too) or which competition it was, but I'll almost guarantee you your coaching staff is glad you chose to handle it like you did. Do you're talking on the mat and let everyone else drink the haterade.

Welcome to competitive Cheerleading. Your side (the parent section) is far more brutal that your child's.

My first post! On Saturday, my CP and I attended our 2nd ever all star cheer competition. She is on the Youth and Juniors teams. While sitting in the seats, a mom from a much larger gym started talking very loudly about our gym to the mom's in the seats behind me who were also from her gym. This was after our Youth and Senior awards, after our Juniors competed, but before their awards. It went something like "We are definitely going to win Juniors, that other team was so bad, who were they anyways, the only reason their youth beat ours....etc" I was unsure if I should have taken off my jacket and shown her my team shirt and defend our tiny little gym? Well I did nothing. Their juniors were good and we did have a stunt bobble, but still. At awards we placed first anyways, but I can't stop thinking I've done my child a disservice. I know everyone talks about other teams, but I assumed they would keep it to themselves.

What would anyone do if they heard another team's parents talking smack about their kid's performance/gym at a competition?

I know the feeling!. I go to a gym in our first year of competing... we have serious potential and we've come in first our last two comps, but we hear a lot of smack talk anyways....
Just Ignore them and focus on the great job you're doing :)

very torn on this one as sometimes I have let it go while other times have subtly let them know. Have seen some parents make hasty retreats to new seats before. Fortunately it has been a rare occurrence for me.

Back