High School What Would You Do In This Position?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 17, 2011
Im not sure if you have read my old thread about seniors being placed on JV or not.. (if not here it is! http://forum.fierceboard.com/threads/seniors-on-jv.16681/ )
But I have a new sort-of 'problem'. I was put on JV with two other seniors, both of which had no tumbling, and one had been on varsity two years before. I have a standing tuck, and a roundoff BHS layout, and it was my fourth year trying out for the program but only my second time making it, and my program recently got two fulls, its not like we are AMAZING at tumbling. There are people on varsity that are younger than me but only have RO BHS or RO tuck. But thats besides the point.

The two seniors also on JV with me just quit (like today) along with one other JV girl and three Varsity girls. And seniors on JV wear different uniforms than the entire program. Do you think they should make me wear a red JV uniform like the rest of my team? Or should they move me up to Varsity because there are open spots and I have the most tumbling on my team? Or should they let me be the only one in the entire program (about 75 girls) wearing this uniform?

Thoughts?

(I have no idea what they are going to do, I just want to see what you guys think.)

Photoon2011-08-17at0627.jpg

^^Senior on JV Uni
Screenshot2011-08-31at41359PM-1.png

^^ JV Uni
Screenshot2011-08-31at41046PM.png

^^Varsity Uni
Screenshot2011-08-31at41307PM.png

^^ Freshman/Sophomore Uni 1
Screenshot2011-08-31at41302PM.png

^^ Freshman/Sophomore UNI 2

ETA- sorry for it being huge!

I think thE whole senior uniform thing is sooooo stupid, I'm a senior and I would hate to not be matching
Everyone else. Also judges wont be thinking 'ohhh she must be a senior that's why her unifOrm doesn't match', they will be confused. For the varsity people quiting, if them quitting effects the routine then yes people should be moved up, but not based off seniority but of skill level/commitment/work ethic.

I think thE whole senior uniform thing is sooooo stupid, I'm a senior and I would hate to not be matching
Everyone else. Also judges wont be thinking 'ohhh she must be a senior that's why her unifOrm doesn't match', they will be confused. For the varsity people quiting, if them quitting effects the routine then yes people should be moved up, but not based off seniority but of skill level/commitment/work ethic.
This is sideline cheer, competitive is a separate tryout coming up in october.

Oh. Well I stll wouldn't want to wear a
Different uniform if I was you, I would feel left put being
the only one wearing it, and as a senior you should be I'm charge not the one that put
Of the group. Since it's just sideline I personally wouldn't mOve anyone up to varsity, unless the people quitting effects any stunt pods or game routines and thing that you migh do. But that's just my
Opinion.

I think each squad should wear matching uniforms otherwise at least in my opinion it defeats the whole purpose of having different uniforms.

Back