All-Star Whatcha Like For Your Cheer Uniform?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 10, 2019
Hey, I'm looking to generally hear what y'all like for cheer uniform designs. Hoping some of you nice folks would take a minute or two to do this survey. I'd take any feedback or comments too. :)

Cheer Uniform Survey

Love that. Thanks for the comments! That's my personal preference too. You just see so much out there that you gotta wonder what other people are thinking y'know.

Something that a regular sportsbra fits under. Not all girls are A cups, and while a cheertop with a clear strap dance bra might be OK for some girls, it is not enough for all-especially not for power tumbling. On a similar note, white or light colored Spanx/shorts can end up being problematic for older girls, because, almost inevitably, whatever set of comps your gym does always seem to be badly timed.

And my base/backspot really wants sleeves to NOT have elements that are scratchy/hard to hold/slip easily. Ultimately, a uniform needs to be functional and safe.

I like clean, basic lines with sparkle accents as a secondary touch. I think it reads better from the stage. For example, SE unis do this really well.

So in actual clothes terms: jeans and a tank with a statement necklace rather than fussy prints all over the place.

(I also come from an HS cheer background where we reuse unis for at least five years. So anything on the timeless, classic side that ensures we won’t look horribly outdated after two seasons works for me).

I also really like color blocking in uniforms so that the uni actually appears to change throughout the routine. So stripes under the sleeves and down the sides that offer a pop of color when the arms come up for jumps/stunts, or lining under the skirt that pops during tumbling, or different colours on the front and back of the uni that makes for dramatic formation changes (for example, a school in our area has white in the front of the uni and black on the back, so when they whole team turns in unison it changes what would be a throwaway element into a whole standalone moment).

Awesome Sterling von Shimmer! So true, a contrast like that when you turn around could totally be made into a visual moment vs just a turn with the right uniform. Simple but effective!

Mesh often is itchy and uncomfortable. And it is nerve-wracking to try to take off or put on a uniform with mesh when you are sweaty because it feels like you're going to rip it (most of our senior teams warm up/practice in practice wear at big comps and then switch to uniforms, since they tend to be late in the day, and I've heard more than one kid complain about that).

So is it mainly cause the mesh is not very structured and you can sort of get parts caught in it easily? or is it slippery ? Or just showing more skin isn't necessary..?
The mesh is uncomfortable and causes there to be more seams that are also uncomfortable.

Cheer uniforms are generally uncomfortable which seems kind of crazy.

Something that a regular sportsbra fits under.

THIS!!! Our new unis for this year have all these crazy straps and specs and I ma realizing that they will all have to wear those tacky clear plastic bra straps now that show and are uncomfortable. I wish they have thought it out more carefully.

Back