College Where To Tryout?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If your stunting is good you could make SFA small coed, not everyone on small has a full, but they do have layouts, u just NEED a standing tuck and a bhs tuck. Its not all based off of tumbling!

I'm applying to college, and although I don't have to cheer in college, I really want to. A lot of the colleges I'm looking at are strictly co-ed stunting, and I am 5'7 and muscularly built so I really don't think anyone will be putting me in the air anytime soon. I am also worried about tumbling requirements, I have a standing tuck and a ROBHS layout.
I'm applying at University of Arizona, Arizona State, University of Nevada: Las Vegas, and Florida Gulf Coast.
Does anyone know what my odds of making it at any of those universities is?
Is there anywhere anyone recommend I take a look at and consider?

Thanks to anyone that can help! :)

I think @Beeis4Becca cheers at UNLV so she might be able to help you :)

I did cheer for UNLV and I am currently attending the college!
They have an all-girl team that cheers football and basketball. Previous years they competed UCA, but now they are thinking about switching over to NCA...still not set in stone.
Savanna Sibley from HPU and Team USA is the new assistant coach.
The minimum requirements are standing tuck, BHS tuck, and layout.
If you have any other questions, definitely let me know.

I did cheer for UNLV and I am currently attending the college!
They have an all-girl team that cheers football and basketball. Previous years they competed UCA, but now they are thinking about switching over to NCA...still not set in stone.
Savanna Sibley from HPU and Team USA is the new assistant coach.
The minimum requirements are standing tuck, BHS tuck, and layout.
If you have any other questions, definitely let me know.

Congrats to Savanna..but Becca you "did" cheer at UNLV? Hope all is going well!

I am a coach for a small private school in the suburbs Kansas City and we are always looking for great talent(girls and guys). We are a large Coed team and my husband is a former KU cheerleader and I cheered professionally. We do compete and did for the first time last year at NCA! My average guy is about 235 lbs with toss stunts and rotating stunts, almost all have tucks. Before my husband cheered he played football for KU so he recruits the football guys at our school. We do give great scholarships! We have been given the go ahead to give 50 scholarships next year and our average scholarship is $8200! We will be starting a small coed next year!

If you are interested feel free to contact me at [email protected] and visit our website for more info at MNUCheer.com!

Lastly, school should always be first and one of our strengths is our pre-med placement rate which is almost 100% so almost everyone who attends our school and wants to go to med school gets in!

Back