All-Star Which Are Better Tumblers, Flyers Or Bases?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 4, 2010
I've had this little confusion in my mind, are flyers better tumblers than bases, or is it the other way around?

Your thoughts?

I generally think that bases are better tumblers because they have more muscle tone and strength. But there are definetly exceptions!! (hint gabi butler and britni love, but i could go on and on) It just depends on the girl. If you are a thinner flyer, chances are you are going to be doing a double. Thats just my opinion. Muscles give you more strength to tumble and jump with, so since bases have more, they would be better tumblers.

it really depends on the person. bases have it easier, because they have more muscle and strength. but fliers have it easier too, because they know how to stay tight, squeeze, and twist.

Kind of a silly question. But the answer is neither. Like others have said, it depends on the girl. But not for any reasons about being stronger, more muscular, etc, etc. I've seen flyers and bases come in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes what defines being a flyer or base, simply has to do with team need.

And tumbling is tumbling. You're either good at it or you're not. Again, I've seen good and bad tumblers come in all shapes and sizes.

Back