Which Gym To Choose?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

WFC

Apr 16, 2012
Tryouts are fast approaching. Which all star gym in Maryland offers an all-around positive cheer experience for their athletes? We are looking for a gym that is successful with teaching skills, going to major competitions (and winning), doesn't allow parents to make decision about teams, and isn't toooo expensive...or am I asking for too much?

Depending where is MD you live, you could look into Titanium Athletics Titanium Athletics - They are going into there 3rd season and growing rapidly. Lots of top 3 place awards. Some gyms can be extremly large while others are still growing. So do your research and go to each you are interested in to get a feel for them.

East Coast Nitros are opening in Frederick, Maryland in May 2012. Check out their website. Affordable and successful. Been in Delaware for 10 years!

Definitely a ton of gyms in the MD and NOVA area - just depends on where you live and how far you're willing to travel. Lots of talented coaches & athletes to make a selection from! Good luck!!!

If you are in/near Montgomery County, check out Shockwave Allstars in Rockville. My daughter cheers there and we love it. Great energy all around, fantastic coaches and the most affordable, non travel program we have found. Tryouts are next weekend (May 12, 13). Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions or check out www.shockwaveallstars.com

If you are in/near Montgomery County, check out Shockwave Allstars in Rockville. My daughter cheers there and we love it. Great energy all around, fantastic coaches and the most affordable, non travel program we have found. Tryouts are next weekend (May 12, 13). Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions or check out www.shockwaveallstars.com
I was browsing your webpage, and your gym is expensive! I don't know if it's just the norm to be cheaper down here in NC, but 350 registration fee and 195 a month? WOW! Our reg. fees are normally 50 (at my new and old gyms) and monthly was 85! and even with my crossover fee it still hasn't ever been 195 a month!

I was browsing your webpage, and your gym is expensive! I don't know if it's just the norm to be cheaper down here in NC, but 350 registration fee and 195 a month? WOW! Our reg. fees are normally 50 (at my new and old gyms) and monthly was 85! and even with my crossover fee it still hasn't ever been 195 a month!

I don't go there, but the fees don't seem too outrageous given that they include everything including uniform, warmup, choerography, and comp fees. It looks like they just lump it all into one payment.

Wow, I need to move to North Carolina!! ;)
I definitely think it’s a function of where you live.From what I have seen in the Washington DC area, Shockwave is definitely the least expensive program I have found. I checked out two other gyms in Maryland and one in Northern Virginia, and between the registration fees, uniform fees, choreography fees, etc, my initial out of pocket expenses were going to be close to $1000 and monthly fees in the $225/$250 range. Not to mention the travel fees. At Shockwave, the registration and monthly tuition includes everything – all competition fees, uniform, warmups, practice clothes, choreography. I also loved that they are completely transparent. All fees are on the website, nothing is hidden, nothing changes mid season. What you see is what you get. I really appreciated being able to make a budget with the exact numbers.

Be happy you don't live in Cali, average was 185-235 a month!

Back