Which Gym To Choose?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Definitely sounds normal for this area. You won't find cheaper than $200-350/month...unfortunately. I can't imagine less than $100/ month!! Sounds amazing!

With all the different fees (tuition, comp fees, choreography, uniform, practice wear) it's better IMO to look at the total cost of the season. Usually only tuition is monthly and everything else is a one-time charge, but it all adds up! In fact tuition seems to be only about 50% of the cost of cheering. When I checked some local programs in Cali, the total paid to the gym was around $4000 for the season (and of course travel costs etc. are not included).

Thanks for all the feedback. Does anyone know what the average monthly cost is for the gyms in Maryland: Marlins, Vipers, Twisters, etc.?

Thanks for all the feedback. Does anyone know what the average monthly cost is for the gyms in Maryland: Marlins, Vipers, Twisters, etc.?
I believe most of them have prices on their forms page somewhere and if you email them they will be more then happy to give you a break down. Are those all you are looking into? I do know there are quite a few in that same general area.

Vipers depends on what team level and age range your CP is placed on. Call the gym after 3pm for more information. 410.575.7465

I cheered at a couple MD gyms, and all the prices varied based on level and types of competitions attending. I know I finished out at Twisters, but the best bet is to narrow it down to a few and then go to and open gym to tumble. While your CP is tumbling, you can talk to coaches about prices and ask around to the parents that are also spectating that night. They'll definitely answer honestly.

Original Poster, I am a coach/choreographer who has worked with a ton of gyms in the MD/VA area. If you would like more information on individual programs...PM me and we can talk about your needs and I can definitely give you a realistic look at how these gyms run and which would work the best for your CP and family!

We live in Texas where there is at least 6 All-Star gyms within 15 miles of our house. I think it's good to visit the gyms to see which ones fit you the best. It's great if they have a Parent Area to get the pulse of the place. We chose a large gym because I have two cp's at different levels. Good Luck

My daughter has been at 2 of the large cheer gyms in Maryland. All I'm going to say is that Maryland Twisters is the place to go.

Nitros (Frederick, MD location) grand opening is tomorrow 5/18 from 6-9 pm and tryouts are 5/23 6-9 pm. Free tryouts for the new location. 1501 Tilco Drive Unit B, Frederick. Off of rt. 70 South St exit. Prices are in their tryout packet on their website. Very reasonable for this area and such a strong program!!!

Thank you everyone for all the responses. My daughter did tryout for a gym in Maryland. Unfortunately, I've already seen signs of Cheer Moms that really need to be put in check. I guess that issue is at every gym. So no "drama" will be one of the things that we will not get. Lol.

I was browsing your webpage, and your gym is expensive! I don't know if it's just the norm to be cheaper down here in NC, but 350 registration fee and 195 a month? WOW! Our reg. fees are normally 50 (at my new and old gyms) and monthly was 85! and even with my crossover fee it still hasn't ever been 195 a month!
You are going to have a hard time finding prices like that up here.

Back