All-Star Who Else Has A Big Sister/little Sister On Their Team?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BIG RED senior 5. me and my little sister have been on the same team for a few years now. i love it. even though shes my little sister, she inspires me because she is a BEAST! love you gianna <3

one of her main flyers sister started this year too. but she quit just one month after. she didnt like cheerleading as she felt she just had to step into her sisters footprints and everyone was comparing her all the time.
She was awesome and i believe she had talent to be even better than her older sister. I guess thats the disadvantage of having your sister in the team too, they'll always compare you.

There's a little girl at my gym, she's 10 (but TINY) and last year we got so close! i LOVE her, and now that i went away to college (from SC to canda!) we skype all the time still, and i got an awesome call on my birthday! she's so excited now that i told her i'll be able to see one of her competitions this year!
1zoc7q9.jpg
a2z0qp.jpg

1688sbr.jpg
kf1i6g.jpg

mhu5ie.jpg
118k4qr.jpg

259hlye.jpg

<3

I opened this thread thinking it was about actual siblings -_-
The confusing part is most people are posting about their fake sister, but then there are those random people that are really talking about cheering with their biological siblings. Its getting hard to keep track! :confused:

Our team has sisters... veterans are big sisters to rookies and this year my cp is a "big sister" to 2 girls that are older than her...One is actually in highschool lol.

my 2 girls were on J5 at Just Cheer together (one was 9 and the other 12) and then were on Starlites for 2 years together as well.....my older one has aged off this year and moved to Seniors...have to say they get along so much better during the car rides now lol

Didn't Orlando have three or four sets of twins on the same team one year?
Worlds 2010, there were two sets of twins on the team, whats funny is they also had the same birthday. Then I know at least one other girl had a twin brother, who obviously wasn't on the team. I think there was also another girl on the team with a twin who didnt cheer but im not 100% positive.

Worlds 2010, there were two sets of twins on the team, whats funny is they also had the same birthday. Then I know at least one other girl had a twin brother, who obviously wasn't on the team. I think there was also another girl on the team with a twin who didnt cheer but im not 100% positive.

Yes correct :) The other girl did have a twin sister that did not cheer. All the other info is right.
No twins on the team this year though they have all moved on to college.

We do big/lil sisters. I think its a great way to pull the team together more.

As for real sisters does anyone ever have a problem. Last year was the first time I have coached a team with a real set of sisters. The way the groups worked out one based her sister. They were constantly bickering and the flyer was constantly yelling at her sister base. Because of skill level they are not on the same team again this year, but somedays it was rough!

Fire and Ice 5 alarm has two sets of sisters this year. For each set one is a flier and the other sister is their base.

i had a little sis on my team. we actually started off at a gym together, and i left, and i had no idea she was leaving too, and we ended up at the same gym together! lol she was my lil sis but now she's about a foot taller than me haha

We do big/lil sisters. I think its a great way to pull the team together more.

As for real sisters does anyone ever have a problem. Last year was the first time I have coached a team with a real set of sisters. The way the groups worked out one based her sister. They were constantly bickering and the flyer was constantly yelling at her sister base. Because of skill level they are not on the same team again this year, but somedays it was rough!

A few years ago when my girls were on the same youth team (and one based the other), they bickered constantly....It was such a headache. However, this year it's been good so far. We've only had one incident where, after a rough practice, my older one was pointing the finger and blaming her sis for the stunt falling. But I put a stop to that real quick! And as far as I know, there hasn't been any bickering during practices. Keeping my fingers crossed that lasts the rest of the season.

Back