All-Star Who Got The Exclusive Worlds Email?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The USASF is beginning to remind me of Netflix by the way they handle changes.

Lets hope they don't continue to follow in the Netflix path aka a sinking ship.

Instead of bringing all star cheer together and unifying it they are taking the route of a scorned high school girl. If they want things to be taken seriously they would work with Jamfest and fix the problem that Jamfest has with the way things are now and compromise. Things like this doesn't really help credibility.

Opps I just realized it say "International Championships" which means International All Levels, but do other countries participate in this? If not it seems pretty simple to switch the name.

I also wonder what happens if a coach has a Senior 5 team at worlds but also coaches a Youth 3 that wants to go to IAL.

my question too.. :confused:

Varsity Spirit Corporation owns the registrations for "World Cheerleading Championship", "World School Cheerleading Championship", "World University Cheerleading Championship", and "USA United Spirit Association"

Varsity OWNS those terms/phrases.

Varsity Spirit Corporation owns the registrations for "World Cheerleading Championship", "World School Cheerleading Championship", "World University Cheerleading Championship", and "USA United Spirit Association"

Varsity OWNS those terms/phrases.

Looks like someone needs to go buy "All Star Cheerleading Worlds" and "World All Star Cheerleading Championship"

Y'all crack me up. How many times have there been complaints on here about "too many titles" "too many champions", "there needs to be one winner", etc.

Someone steps up to make that happen and now everyone is whining.

I'm pretty sure exclusivity and inclusiveness are diametrically opposed.

Y'all crack me up. How many times have there been complaints on here about "too many titles" "too many champions", "there needs to be one winner", etc.

Someone steps up to make that happen and now everyone is whining.

I'm pretty sure exclusivity and inclusiveness are diametrically opposed.

I think there's definitely a need for a true "national" champion or "world" champion- I just don't know that I am ok with Varsity (more or less) staking their claim at it as I don't always agree with the Varsity way of doing things. First, universal scoresheets, second USASF certified judging panels, then we can get down to the exclusivity of events. As an industry, we have bigger fish to fry right now.

JulieP said:
I think there's definitely a need for a true "national" champion or "world" champion- I just don't know that I am ok with Varsity (more or less) staking their claim at it as I don't always agree with the Varsity way of doing things. First, universal scoresheets, second USASF certified judging panels, then we can get down to the exclusivity of events. As an industry, we have bigger fish to fry right now.

My thoughts exactly.

2011 USASF sanctioning committee votes:

Athlete membership passed the NACCC and sanctioning committee and passed by the USASF board (money money money money money)

Universal Scoresheet passed by sanctioning committee 33 to 1 and failed by the USASF board.

We all know the board is controlled by PERMANENT positions made up of 9 companies owned or strategically aligned with Varsity.

Opps I just realized it say "International Championships" which means International All Levels, but do other countries participate in this? If not it seems pretty simple to switch the name.

I also wonder what happens if a coach has a Senior 5 team at worlds but also coaches a Youth 3 that wants to go to IAL.

That is a major problem, sometimes I just don't think that these people think these rules through.

I get the whole you don't want a team to be the usasf world champion and come in 3rd at Jim Bob's universal global championships(which would technically be ok since it is neither international or world) But they need to pay attention to how they word it and the ramifications of such wording, like the example above, or that you can get a worlds bid at the UCA international all star championship, but then aren't allowed to compete at worlds because you participated at the event in which you received your bid.

Change can be good or it can be bad...or neither. Can someone just pick a time frame for change for the current season, inform everyone of this time frame, honor the time frame EVERY SEASON, and any changes after the date apply to the FOLLOWING SEASON? Or am I, just an annoying cheer parent, missing something in some secret subsection of a secret cheer code.

Professionalism and consistency would be even more awesome than ambiguity, unnecessary drama, contradiction, word games and literal truth, k thanks.

Lets hope they don't continue to follow in the Netflix path aka a sinking ship.

Instead of bringing all star cheer together and unifying it they are taking the route of a scorned high school girl. If they want things to be taken seriously they would work with Jamfest and fix the problem that Jamfest has with the way things are now and compromise. Things like this doesn't really help credibility.

I agree, I feel like this email was sent out by someone just really angry. It really isn't helpful at all, it leaves a lot of questions, and I feel like it's basically just a stab at Jamfest without really thinking out how it would actually affect teams and coaches. I am for one not impressed with the way this is being handled. What's next, banning Cheersport? I am all for the only having one world champion, but, as others have said before, we have more important issues at hand right now. I feel like this is just going to get messier and messier until a legal battle comes up.

Back