All-Star Why Can't You Wear Nail Polish To Competitions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe if the acrylic nail was really short where it would be impossible for it to come in contact w/ a floor, other person, bar, ball, vault, beam, etc. in such a way that it would be ripped off violently I guess it would be okay, but usually acrylics are longer.
Had a girl years ago wear short acrylics to camp. She caught the flyer wrong and it pulled her nail out of the bed from the bottom. One of the nastiest things I've ever seen! Her mom had to come get her and take her to the ER. She was out about a week. Acrylics should definitely not be allowed!

Had a girl years ago wear short acrylics to camp. She caught the flyer wrong and it pulled her nail out of the bed from the bottom. One of the nastiest things I've ever seen! Her mom had to come get her and take her to the ER. She was out about a week. Acrylics should definitely not be allowed!
Aaaaand I'm cringing. :confused::eek:

And while we're on the topic of things being ripped out, CAN COACHES STOP LETTING THEIR KIDS PRACTICE WITH NAVAL PIERCINGS IN????

Aaaaand I'm cringing. :confused::eek:

And while we're on the topic of things being ripped out, CAN COACHES STOP LETTING THEIR KIDS PRACTICE WITH NAVAL PIERCINGS IN????
I hope no one is piercing our Navy!

Now, navel piercings should not be allowed. No question.

Our school cheer team doesn't allow any jewelry and I think that is appropriate. I get bothered seeing other schools wearing earrings and such.

This just happened to my CP a couple weeks ago with her gel nails :-(

Gel nails did that?! The nail pros tell me they are safer, so that's disappointing to hear.

I tell CP she'll have plenty of years to have fancy nails after she is retired from all the things you can only do when you're young ;).

Gel nails did that?! The nail pros tell me they are safer, so that's disappointing to hear.

I tell CP she'll have plenty of years to have fancy nails after she is retired from all the things you can only do when you're young ;).

Yep! I thought they were safer as well but she caught a flyer that was coming down and it ripped her nail back to the nail bed. I took her to the ER and she had to see a hand surgeon. She was out for a week and now she has one UGLY thumb!

Anyone know if Jamberry nails would do the same thing as gel nails?
I've worn Jamberry Nails and definitely different than gels. I don't think Jamberry would have the same issue as acrylics. Although I wouldn't see gels being dangerous either. Guess anything can be in the right situation.

Our school cheer team doesn't allow any jewelry and I think that is appropriate. I get bothered seeing other schools wearing earrings and such.
I don't mind stud earrings at games. Typically we aren't doing too much at games that could make an issue out of those. I actually like the look of pearls or other small round studs when cheering. I guess that's the SEC in me. Competitions and practices though is no jewelry allowed.

Anyone know if Jamberry nails would do the same thing as gel nails?
Jamberry nails are just a sticker type thing on top of the nail. As long as the nails are kept short, you shouldn't have any issues.

The year I stopped cheering, I developed an acrylic nail habit. I got them filled in or redone every 2 weeks for almost a year. Then the fun wore off and I don't think I've had them since! Funny how something as simple as nails was so exciting to have since I never could while cheering. It was a very expensive habit, but cheap in comparison to cheer bills!

I don't mind stud earrings at games. Typically we aren't doing too much at games that could make an issue out of those. I actually like the look of pearls or other small round studs when cheering. I guess that's the SEC in me. Competitions and practices though is no jewelry allowed.
I feel the same way.

The current fave at many high schools around here are the large pearls. Large enough to see across the basketball court diagonally with bad eyesight. I don't think that the other team stunts much, if at all though.

We used to have, at out former school, girls wearing large hoops and all sorts of dangling earrings. :confused:

Back