OT Wisdom Teeth!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
yes! Be grateful you're going to be put under! That was the only surgery I've had, therefore the only time I've been put under and it felt like it was only 5 minutes long (once I passed out.. I got dizzy first because you can't eat 12 hours before and the IV went into my inner elbow filled with medicine)

haha yeah it'll seem like 5 minutes! My mom wasn't put under and she said it was awful! But I was and I woke up and it felt like it had been 5 minutes (although it's not a long surgery and mine only took like 30 minutes)
I got mine out over the summer... it really varies for everyone. I was fine, not in very much pain, except when the meds started to wear off (usually like 10-30 minutes before the next dose). Just be careful what you eat. Now that you have some time and it's not happening, you know, today, get some ice cream, popsicles, potatoes, soups, whatever you want that's SOFT. Popsicles were my best friend, I seriously ate like 3 a day because not only are they soft but they're cold and soothing. I also probably ate about 15 pounds of mashed potatoes.

for me it was really hard to take my meds because I was numb for like 10 hours after the surgery but trust me, even if it's EXTREMELY difficult to swallow, you'll regret it if you don't. My mom had to yell at me to get me to take the meds, and I was crying, but I'm glad I did because I later realized what happens when they wear off.

I just kind of iced and rested the day of my surgery. The ice isn't fun but it kept me from getting swollen... so use it anyway.

I ate a little bit on the way home right afterwards. I was super groggy but hadn't eaten anything that day. I don't remember what it was but it was something super soft. My advice is to keep up with the pain medicine they give you afterwards around the clock. I took one in the morning and took one to school because it would wear off around lunch time. If I waited too long I would get very achy. I was completely pain free after about a week. Use it as an excuse to eat all the mushy good sweet stuff! (ice cream, brownies, fudge. I ate a lot of that haha)

Also just from personal experience avoid pictures for a while. I got mine out on a Friday and that following Monday was Spirit Week. Every day was themed so we took tons of pictures. I still look back at them and laugh because I looked like a chipmunk until probably Tuesday afternoon. hahaha

HEY EVERYONE!! just wanted to let you all know how things went. it went great! i went under very happily, woke up and asked if they were gunna do it soon, and then said they forgot bout me lol. but i woke up in a bit of pain so they gave me pain meds. i got a HUGE frosty, like mcdonalds supersize size, and went home, ate half of it and passed out. it has now been 5 hours and i am so happy! i am alittle sore on the one side, but all the pressure in my head and face is gone :) by saturday i think i will be a very happy cheerleader <3 and thank you all for the great adivce xoxo

I know I have to get mine out but I absolutely hate the dentist, and if they told me they weren't gonna put me under I'd just get up and leave.
Glad to hear you are doing well! :)

now... does anyone have anytips on what to eat? lol i cant really chew or get my mouth open very wide. i am eating chicken noodle soup (-noodles) and ice cream.... anyother suggestions?

Glad it went well for you! For the record I love watching those youtube videos where they chat rubbish from the gas when they had there teeth removed.. there so funny.

Glad it went well for you! For the record I love watching those youtube videos where they chat rubbish from the gas when they had there teeth removed.. there so funny.
yeah that was me.... lol i kept getting upset cause i thought they forgot to take them out lol

Haha, does anybody watch the show Suburgatory? In one of the recent episodes Tessa got her wisdom teeth out, and under the gas she thought that wisdom teeth were a conspiracy theory by aliens to collect our teeth...quite amusing.

Haha, does anybody watch the show Suburgatory? In one of the recent episodes Tessa got her wisdom teeth out, and under the gas she thought that wisdom teeth were a conspiracy theory by aliens to collect our teeth...quite amusing.
i NEED to see that lol

now... does anyone have anytips on what to eat? lol i cant really chew or get my mouth open very wide. i am eating chicken noodle soup (-noodles) and ice cream.... anyother suggestions?
mashed potatoes! Umm I also ate soups, do you have a panera near you?? It makes eating soup better when it's not from a can. LOL. On the day after my surgery or the next day I ate scrambled eggs and other relatively soft things (If they needed to be chewed a little bit I used my front teeth) you may be able to eat strawberries?

mashed potatoes! Umm I also ate soups, do you have a panera near you?? It makes eating soup better when it's not from a can. LOL. On the day after my surgery or the next day I ate scrambled eggs and other relatively soft things (If they needed to be chewed a little bit I used my front teeth) you may be able to eat strawberries?
omg.. i cant do soup nymore! lol i culdnt eat for 2 days before my surgery cept soup... and now i am eating mashed potatoes and soup. and LOT of ice cream. i tried eggs, but couldnt chew those yet. and i cant get my mouth open big enough for anything else...
i am gunna try oatmeal now. i love that stuff! lol

Back