All-Star Worlds 2019 Day 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

seeing a lot of tweets about giving silver medalists their moment back and not announcing the world champ before 2nd.. legit just had ptsd of worlds (2015?) where they announced up until 5th place, skipped 4th and went to 3rd and 2nd.. so you literally had no idea if you got 4th or 1st..... *cringe*

You know what?

I really like how MAJORS does awards.

All placements including winners on the screen.

There you go.

Honestly no matter how you do it, people will be upset.

I see a lot of people liking the way Worlds does it now. It avoids (some of) the spotlight and subsequent shaming on teams that may not be thrilled to hear their name called as silver. I understand the whole "but everyone should be happy with second, because some people never get that..." stuff. The reality is that many teams, especially at that level, may eventually be very proud of that silver, but the moments right after they find out they missed gold is not a happy one. It also quiets the "they got happy too early and therefore were poor sports..." complaints.

They give time to celebrate both of the teams when it is down to 2. That is plenty IMO.
I doubt there will ever be a solution that everyone will happy with, but I feel pretty confident saying that making a team wonder if they got 4th or 1st is probably not it :p

I always loved how in gymnastics you recive score immediately. I wonder how this would go in cheerleading. You come off the mat and wait for you score and your placement. And then you have only top 3 teams at awards where they recive a medal and each team have their special moment.

I always loved how in gymnastics you recive score immediately. I wonder how this would go in cheerleading. You come off the mat and wait for you score and your placement. And then you have only top 3 teams at awards where they recive a medal and each team have their special moment.
There are competitions that do this called Live. After each performance they announce that team's score and if it's higher than the last team that went in your division, then you go into the leader's lounge. And then it keeps going until the end of that division. Cheer Alliance also does it that way. So it's been done before.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remember when I think we figured out that you could predict/spoil the winner (prior to the announcement) by looking at WHERE THE VIDEO GUY WAS SITUATED DURING AWARDS? (Ex: The announcer had barely read out the #2 team and camera guy was already hovering over TGLJ's circle.) Could have been NCA but I also feel like it was Worlds.

I did not see that this year? Were there no video/TV people on the mat?

Remember when I think we figured out that you could predict/spoil the winner (prior to the announcement) by looking at WHERE THE VIDEO GUY WAS SITUATED DURING AWARDS? (Ex: The announcer had barely read out the #2 team and camera guy was already hovering over TGLJ's circle.) Could have been NCA but I also feel like it was Worlds.

I did not see that this year? Were there no video/TV people on the mat?

There were people videoing both teams, so it wasn't always obvious.

I would love to see a visual map that plots the gold, silver, and bronze medals by the location where they were won (City/State). Texas did very well. With that said Texas is a big state!

Midnight & Wildcats Gold!
Anacondas, Black Ops, Generals, Lady Cats, & SOT Lady Reign Silver!
Cheetahs, Claw6, & Panthers Bronze!

I would love to see a visual map that plots the gold, silver, and bronze medals by the location where they were won (City/State). Texas did very well. With that said Texas is a big state!

Anacondas, BlackOps, Generals, Lady Cats, & SOT Lady Reign Silver!

This was even a "down" year for Texas in comparison to some other years.

Anacondas, BlackOps, Generals, Lady Cats, & SOT Lady Reign Silver!
There was one year (2016), where 6/12, so 50% of the gold medalists were from Texas.

By my count for all Worlds

State/Country (Programs w/1+ medal, Medals, Golds)
Texas (12, 110, 37)
California* (7, 64, 22)
Florida (7, 46, 22)
Georgia (5, 38, 14)
North Carolina (3, 38, 9)
Canada (4, 34, 11)
Kentucky (2, 30, 21)
New Jersey (5, 27, 8)
Oklahoma (3, 16, 3)
Maryland (1, 13, 5)

Programs (medals, golds)
Cheer Athletics (61, 26)
California AS (46, 18)
Cheer Extreme (34, 9)
Top Gun** (30, 12)
Stingray (29, 12)
GymTyme (27, 20)
Spirit of Texas (25, 7)
Flyers Allstarz (18, 7)
World Cup (17, 8)
Twist & Shout (14, 3)

* This counts all of Cali's medals as California (some were actually Nevada, just not sure how many)
** Does not yet include TG's dance program medals

Last edited:
Back