All-Star World's Dj And Dance Party Cancelled?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not saying its ok or right, but lets face it 12 year olds act the same way. I can understand why Disney and the USASF don't want to condone it though. As a middle school coach where one of our fundraisers is a school dance, don't believe for a second that 10 - 13 year olds don't act that exact same way. The first time we held a dance we had drinking in the parking lot, drugs in the bathroom, grinding, and making out under the bleachers - even with all the security and chaperones we had. I live in a well off area in the "bible belt." Parents who think their kids don't do it or at least witness it at school are in denial. I've learned from coaching that its some of the most innocent looking ones that are the worst! Even at practice last week my asst. and I said something not dirty at all and they all had their minds in the gutter and thought it meant something else. I put nothing past them at their age, they know and do a lot more than you think.

OK, let's think. One of my cp's coaches is a year younger than I am, on an OPEN team, and is going to Worlds. He should be able to drink, dance and act a fool in public if he wants to. Who has the right to stop him?
My cp, however, would not be witness to this. Parents: Police YOUR CHILD. If I'm an un-cool Mom to save my cp getting caught up in some bull, then so be it. But that's me, my family, and my choice.
Don't see the need to stop other people from whatever foolishness they decide to get into, because I know my child is safe.

How does it normally operate? Is the dance party in a roped off location that only Worlds athletes can enter? Is it an easily viewable location for the rest of the park's patrons?
If the latter is the case, then I can DEFINITELY see why they'd do it. Even if worlds athletes-only could enter, but the dancing COULD be seen by other patrons in the park, they don't want that type of behavior to be viewed by outside people. 'Cause then someone asks 'Oh, who's that party for?' and someone says 'All-star cheerleaders' and they see people grinding up on each other at DISNEY and let's just think what THEY'RE gonna start saying about us/cheerleaders. Mickey wouldn't like that image in his theme park..

How does it normally operate? Is the dance party in a roped off location that only Worlds athletes can enter? Is it an easily viewable location for the rest of the park's patrons?
If the latter is the case, then I can DEFINITELY see why they'd do it. Even if worlds athletes-only could enter, but the dancing COULD be seen by other patrons in the park, they don't want that type of behavior to be viewed by outside people. 'Cause then someone asks 'Oh, who's that party for?' and someone says 'All-star cheerleaders' and they see people grinding up on each other at DISNEY and let's just think what THEY'RE gonna start saying about us/cheerleaders. Mickey wouldn't like that image in his theme park..
It was in the indiana jones theater. And i think you could ONLY enter the park if you got a ticket through USASF.
And i've been there cause some of my friends wanted to go. And i would say it definitely gets out of control a little bit.

THE BLOCK PARTY IS NOT CANCELLED. Just thought I'd take a second to type that so that people who don't read the whole thread will read it again. The rest of the party is going on, just no DJ. Since you're still getting something, I wouldn't expect to get my money back.

@kristenthegreat normal park patrons do not get to see this event. Like @imrichhowboutu said, it's afterours, so the park is emptied then only people with block party passes enter the park.

While posting that video is silly and something I warn my kids about, I wouldn't guess that is what cancelled the DJ. Worlds Committee attempting to create an atmosphere that is appropriate for everyone would be my guess for why this changed. While I respect everyone's wishes, I wouldn't keep something that has had drinking and fighting in the past just because people complained it cramps their experience. You have to respect the people that complained that they didn't want to see it as well.

It's happening, build a bridge and get over it and have fun socializing with some of the best athletes in the world.

tI was 10 one year and 11 the next and now it's 12...I was refering to part of your post where you intimated that the older kids had earned the right to.....whatever.....I just think that in a public sport that is 18 and under....anything done that isnt ok for kids...probably shouldnt be done in public period! Especially not at Worlds or Disneyworld....thats all....:)

I'm sorry if I have offended you. It wasn't my intention to "intimate" anything. I was just saying that kids should be expected to act age appropriate. What is age appropriate for 18 is not necessarily age appropriate for 12.

For those that want to create alternate plans. Remember you all have to sign a Bahavior/Risk Compliance Form:

BEHAVIOR/RISK COMPLIANCE
1. I agree to follow all safety, sportsmanship, hotel and performance rules both by the letter and spirit of the rule.
2. I agree to abide by the eligibility stipulations and substitution rules as determined by the USASF and I understand that if a violation is reported, I may be required to supply eligibility verification to event officials.
3. I understand if one or more members of our team is found to be ineligible, is destructive to Disney property and/or competition-related property, or behaves inappropriately, our team will:
A. Be disqualified.
B. Be responsible for repaying the total cost of any funds received through a “Paid” or “Partial Paid” bid.
C. Will not be eligible for any type of bid to The Cheerleading Worlds for the following year.

Your alternate plans, regardless whether you are "hanging with your team" or not can a). take away a win if you earned it b). cost your team the bid money to get you there -- $7,150 to $24,700 and c). lose your chance to get a bid next year

That's a high price to pay to have your private party in my book.

I understand that people want to have a dance party and have fun after worlds and think "oh I will just have a party in my room" BUT remember that there are other people at Disney that weekend besides cheerleaders. If someone complains of noise or suspecting alcohol Disney and the USASF CAN put a stop to things and then what are you going to do if they catch you doing something you shouldn't? Is it really that hard to spend a WEEKEND acting respectful and not getting "crazy"? I don't think the EP's are sending you to Disney for free so you can party with your friends. I think it is possible to follow the rules for 1 weekend.

This is another reason that I don't think Worlds should be moved to a place like Vegas or NYC, but that is an argument for another thread.

I'm sorry if I have offended you. It wasn't my intention to "intimate" anything. I was just saying that kids should be expected to act age appropriate. What is age appropriate for 18 is not necessarily age appropriate for 12.

no offense....just common sense....if you are 8 or 18...what they do is not ok for public consumption anywhere....the old gym we were a member of had their kids get into fights....drink....dirty dance etc....and that goes on period...I went to check it out...NOT what Worlds is about and certainly not ok for Disney...that is probably why it is canceled. It is sad though that the age old saying.....one bad apple....spoiled it for the kids who did dance nice and didn't get hammered and ruin it for the rest...oh well....over it...next!

waaaait... I thought Susie worked her tail off all year to get a bid to Worlds so she could grind at Disney World?
Perish the thought people went to Worlds to compete. Next you'll tell me the Superbowl is meant to be the biggest football game of the year..and not a never-ending run of overpriced commercials. Bah.

Perish the thought people went to Worlds to compete. Next you'll tell me the Superbowl is meant to be the biggest football game of the year..and not a never-ending run of overpriced commercials. Bah.

wait, there's football being played during the Superbowl?!

Back