All-Star Worlds/ Level 5 Diet.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lol I didn't even know there was a North/South Jersey fight!

Sports are a true divider. What city are you loyal to, also plays into it. Even television program divides. We watch either NYC news or Philly. The national weather service divides between Philly and New York too.

I am a displaced Bostonian and have found it fascinating at how different parts of Jersey can be. So diverse- and now I live in "hill country" (out near the western part of the state near Penn line) which doesn't fall into either the Philly or suburban NYC descriptions

Sports are a true divider. What city are you loyal to, also plays into it. We watch either NYC news or Philly. Even the national weather service divides between Philly and New York.

I am a displaced Bostonian and have found it fascinating at how different parts of Jersey can be. So diverse- and now I live in a "hill country" which doesn;t fall into either the Philly or suburban NYC descriptions
So strange but cool to learn about!

People call taking a shower "getting a shower"? Whaaat? Getting a shower sounds like you just bought a new one or something.
Complete culture shock when I went to college in S. Jersey.

lol -- I just flipped over to Facebook to check on my feed. An acquaintance of mine was posting about moving to my current home town. She lives in central jersey right now (a couple of towns from CJA) and one of her friends asked. "where the hell is the town that you are moving too?" When she explained where we live, her friend replied, "Way out yonder almost to Pennsyltucky. Yeeha !"

Philly....*serious side eye a la Dinkleburg*

No. Just no.

7-11s in NYC can actually be pretty classy. Ours basically let you make your own coffee/hot chocolate combo thingy however you want, plus they have decent cold food/snack options. I can get a large hot cocoa with 3 different types of creamer, along with mini marshmallows possibly coated in cocaine and cinnamon sprinkled on top for like $2. Chalk that up to a win..

Okay serious question... if you have a Wawa and you call it a sub and not a hoagie.... do you still have hoagie fest? or is it called something else?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
We still have hoagiefest...I choose to ignore the title and just enjoy the prices

I've never been to any of these places! I think the only restaurant special to Michigan is Halo Burger. Which I definitely don't mind- I love my dinosaur chicken nuggets ;)
But I'm pretty sure other places don't have Kogels hot dogs or Faygo soda, right?

I've never been to any of these places! I think the only restaurant special to Michigan is Halo Burger. Which I definitely don't mind- I love my dinosaur chicken nuggets ;)
But I'm pretty sure other places don't have Kogels hot dogs or Faygo soda, right?

never heard of them and I have lived in Boston, Southern CA, Vt, Philly and NJ :)

I feel like this thread just outed every southern Jersey and Philly Fierceboarder at once ;)
Went to school in North Jersey...no Wawas there. People were all about Quik Check and I just didn't get it.
Live in MD. I have 6 Wawas within 5 minutes of my house. Heaven.

so jealous! at home I have a wawa down the street but away at school there are only sheets and rutters.

Am I really so blessed to be surrounded by all three of these delicious gas stations? :cloud9:

Also you can't say anything about Rutters because Rutters is a religion here in York.

What's this thread about again?

For real! I mean... I'm all about hijacking a thread, but maybe let's not hijack the thread about healthy eating to talk about all the junk food we love.

Anyway... back to healthy eating. I'm doing the 21-day fix from Beach Body (the P90x people) and I love it - highly recommend it. The basic premise is portion control. They give you colored containers for each food type (red is protein, purple is fruit, green is veggies, yellow is grains, etc) and then tell you how many of each container you can have each day. (Obviously you have to fill them with healthy foods or it won't work, but they give you lists of what can go in each container)

It's super easy and I've not been hungry at all. I eat 5 meals a day on it. The name is misleading - it's not a quick fix, it's just showing me what portions actually are (and I genuinely thought I had that down pat - I measure and weigh food all the time!)

Obviously exercise goes hand in hand with it, but I've lost 8 pounds in the past 9 days on it. Definitely a really good way to learn about healthy eating.

Back