All-Star Worlds Lottery.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The latest any ICU team is competing is 6:20pm.
IO5 doesnt start until 7:54 - so no issues there
IOC5 starts at 4pm, but Gym Tyme is 38th which puts them after 8pm for sure

The real issue would be with anyone on Team USA that competes on an IOC6, IO6, or IOC5 that is one of the first 10 teams to go.

Chantal is awesome, not sure why people are here publicly bashing her. She is a grown woman and has done many amazing things for helping grow this sport world wide. I did not watch the lottery because I was at the gym, but I consider her a friend and I don't appreciate reading all of these outrageous speculations.
I watched the webcast, I don't know Chantal, but seriously people need to lay off. She did NOT appear to be intoxicated at all. She did have trouble with pronunciation, but she had Les talking over her half the time and it wasn't that bad. I got the impression she was a little flustered at times, but she did a decent job and was very personable.

I watched the webcast, I don't know Chantal, but seriously people need to lay off. She did NOT appear to be intoxicated at all. She did have trouble with pronunciation, but she had Les talking over her half the time and it wasn't that bad. I got the impression she was a little flustered at times, but she did a decent job and was very personable.

I don't think that anyone actually thought she was drunk (at least I'd hope not). Not that that excuses it, I didn't have a problem with her, and my comment was in jest.

I understand her being brought in to read off the names for the International divisions, but if she was having that much of a problem I just wish that someone would have taken over.
Most of the comments I made about being drunk were just jokes, but when they show people drinking alcohol on camera then when people don't know the person it is going to be going through people's minds that she may be drunk. Maybe next year they will finish up their alcohol before the show so people don't assume after seeing it.

I understand her being brought in to read off the names for the International divisions, but if she was having that much of a problem I just wish that someone would have taken over.
Most of the comments I made about being drunk were just jokes, but when they show people drinking alcohol on camera then when people don't know the person it is going to be going through people's minds that she may be drunk. Maybe next year they will finish up their alcohol before the show so people don't assume after seeing it.

what people do on their own time is their business - but when you know camera's are positioned on the exact spot you are standing....and filming from - doing sound checks and visuals etc and are doing a live broadcast, I think maybe it was poor judgement to be drinking a beer - I am sorry that is not professional looking in this industry that is centered around a sport for children/young adults - sometimes you just have to use common sense, and what the public's perception of you may be right or wrong....that is my opinion.

what people do on their own time is their business - but when you know camera's are positioned on the exact spot you are standing....and filming from - doing sound checks and visuals etc and are doing a live broadcast, I think maybe it was poor judgement to be drinking a beer - I am sorry that is not professional looking in this industry that is centered around a sport for children/young adults - sometimes you just have to use common sense, and what the public's perception of you may be right or wrong....that is my opinion.

Also I find Les discussing the fact that the audience was "having a few cocktails" was a bit distasteful. In my mind, when I hear someone say "having a few cocktails" I don't think a casual, barely-alcoholic social drink.

Also I find Les discussing the fact that the audience was "having a few cocktails" was a bit distasteful. In my mind, when I hear someone say "having a few cocktails" I don't think a casual, barely-alcoholic social drink.

SERIOUSLY? I'm farily certain the lottery took place in a hotel ballroom which means that they were probably serving hors d'oeuvres and either had an open or cash bar. It was basically the equivalent of any post-work happy hour in any city. They were picking numbers out of a lottery machine for crying out loud. And most of the people in audience were there as coaches or whatever to watch. It was a bunch of adults at a cheerleading event, where, for once, the place wasn't crawling with kids. The camera was only pointed at the stage.

This board is a bunch of puritans when it comes to drinking. Have you ever seen a coaches reception at a competition?

I've been to plenty of work functions with alcohol. As long as you keep it under control you are fine.

I'm under the impression that there were a lot of coaches there for a USASF thing, which is why the Lottery is held there and then. I'm sure after a day of work they all enjoyed themselves professionally.

SERIOUSLY? I'm farily certain the lottery took place in a hotel ballroom which means that they were probably serving hors d'oeuvres and either had an open or cash bar. It was basically the equivalent of any post-work happy hour in any city. They were picking numbers out of a lottery machine for crying out loud. And most of the people in audience were there as coaches or whatever to watch. It was a bunch of adults at a cheerleading event, where, for once, the place wasn't crawling with kids. The camera was only pointed at the stage.

This board is a bunch of puritans when it comes to drinking. Have you ever seen a coaches reception at a competition?

Okay if this was a private event, that's fine, you're right, let them do what they please. They are all adults afterall, regardless of how they act, they can drink if they please, but this is an internationally broadcasted event where they are openly discussing and displaying the fact that they're half in the bag. It's distasteful, like I said, and is classless.

I've been to plenty of work functions with alcohol. As long as you keep it under control you are fine.

I'm under the impression that there were a lot of coaches there for a USASF thing, which is why the Lottery is held there and then. I'm sure after a day of work they all enjoyed themselves professionally.

Exactly. I said it previously, but my company serves beer and wine during company meetings which happen during work hours, usually at 4pm or so. And they sponsor lots of after work socials. I have never once had too much to drink in front of coworkers. It's not that hard to have a few cocktails and remain professional. A few cocktails for most people is having a good time, enjoying each others company. Not drunk or making a fool of oneself. Though my limit, personally, in front of coworkers is two beers or glasses of wine because I'm very small.

The fact of the matter is that those who were having a few cocktails were in the audience, not the two on stage. I'm sure Les wasn't tossing back shots in those little breaks.

Exactly. I said it previously, but my company serves beer and wine during company meetings which happen during work hours, usually at 4pm or so. And they sponsor lots of after work socials. I have never once had too much to drink in front of coworkers. It's not that hard to have a few cocktails and remain professional.
And on Cinco De Mayo and St Patty's Day at work we had beer too.... at 1pm.... and had to return to work. Not a big deal. (I think this happened during a few other holidays too).

And on Cinco De Mayo and St Patty's Day at work we had beer too.... at 1pm.... and had to return to work. Not a big deal. (I think this happened during a few other holidays too).
Some of us have jobs (school nurse) where we cant have cocktails at lunch...not that I am saying others can't. My job and alcohol does not mix -so I have an opinion about looking professional in a public presentation, not everyone has to agree with me.

Some of us have jobs (school nurse) where we cant have cocktails at lunch...not that I am saying others can't. My job and alcohol does not mix -so I have an opinion about looking professional in a public presentation, not everyone has to agree with me.
I am not against alcohol - it was a public presentation and there was a shot of alcohol being consumed - so its about perception..there is a time and place - not everyone has to agree. :)

This is the first year the lottery has been broadcast for free. Last year they also had a cash bar and DJ during the drawing, but they charged $10 (pay per view) for people to watch. I am guessing very few non gym owners/coaches paid the $10. Fierceboarders were updated via twitter and a few that had paid the $10. Complaining about the "professionalism" of the event will probably only encourage them to not broadcast it in the future. I believe they are holding this at the end of a day of working meetings while many of these coaches/gym owners are already in town. It is meant to be a relaxed social environment. I only joined the webcast as the drawing began and didn't see anything inappropriate on camera (I was glued to my screen though mostly just listening for numbers). I personally love that they made it available to everyone to watch.

This is the first year the lottery has been broadcast for free. Last year they also had a cash bar and DJ during the drawing, but they charged $10 (pay per view) for people to watch. I am guessing very few non gym owners/coaches paid the $10. Fierceboarders were updated via twitter and a few that had paid the $10. Complaining about the "professionalism" of the event will probably only encourage them to not broadcast it in the future. I believe they are holding this at the end of a day of working meetings while many of these coaches/gym owners are already in town. It is meant to be a relaxed social environment. I only joined the webcast as the drawing began and didn't see anything inappropriate on camera (I was glued to my screen though mostly just listening for numbers). I personally love that they made it available to everyone to watch.
Not to disagree with you - but why does it have to be a relaxed social environment? This it their biggest event of the year.. I know they are busy, etc... but if they want transparency and want to be taken seriously as an organization I just don't see where a little bit of professionalism is a bad thing? I appreciated the live feed. I enjoyed it. It just seems like they could prepare a time to do the lottery without it having to be considered a social event -like I said some wont be bothered by it - but some will - I think in most situations when dealing with the public you present yourself and organization in the best way.

Back