All-Star Worlds Shortest Backspot

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 27, 2010
This isnt another "my backspot is so short" threads. I am about 5'3-5'4 and I am a backspot. Some people ask me why my bases are taller than me and my flyer will tell them because im really good. So if you're a coach how do you pick your backspots now a days since not all of them fit the tall criteria. & I was wondering what is the shortest backspot you know of?
Interested in reading responses!

im 5'4 and used to backspot at the old gym i was at, now i base. When i did highschool cheering my flyer was taller then me and i was backspotting...

I backed a prep in a pyramid at 5'1. I love backing! I've done single leg stretches, ball ups...#werk

in high school cheerleading freshman year i backed and i'm 5'4. my coach would always be like "why isn't your stunt hitting" and it was clearly because i could barely reach the stunt!

People don't trust me to back but what's the difference if I front spot? I'm the first person to be under you if something goes down. I think the shorter you are the better because I know some tall people who will let you hit the ground before ever trying to touch you.

People don't trust me to back but what's the difference if I front spot? I'm the first person to be under you if something goes down. I think the shorter you are the better because I know some tall people who will let you hit the ground before ever trying to touch you.
so according to you , shorter people are nicer and therefore should backspot...?

I'm 5'2 and I'm the shortest backspot on my team, but I never let my flyer hit the ground, and my bases are a little on the short side and so is my flyer so I can press the stunt up if it gets stopped at about eye level or something. :)

somebody needs to tell my high school coaches that height doesnt necessarily matter.
My team is a short team, im 5'4 and one of the tallest. Ive based and backspotted for almost 10 years.
If I were to backspot, I could easily reach my flyers ankle and pull up and seriously help the stunt.

Butttt of course im not allowed to. its silly, it really is.

im disliking my high school team more and more by the practice.

I'm 5'4" and I backspot in all stunts. My bases this year are shorter than usual, so it works pretty well. Even when I back with taller bases it works because I just give a lot of force getting the stunt up and doing transition-y stuff. I may not be able to lift a ton when the stunt gets up, but I'm the one that gets it up in the first place.

Oh yeah this is completely accurate. I'm 5'11" and I NEVER catch my flyer, so I'm no ones favorite. And I totally don't help lift for my bases so all the bases don't like that either. Oh and I never get asked to spot other stunts to make sure they don't hit the ground. Oh wait, note the sarcasm.

Back