All-Star Worlds Weather

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 15, 2011
So I just looked at the forecast for the weekend of Worlds and guess what Mother Nature is sending us...thunderstorms and heavy rainfall. :mad: Personally, this ruins a lot. You can't go to the pool, can't practice outside, can't comfortably walk around the parks, can't wear white shirts (haha)..

If this weather forecast holds true, what will you guys do as a "back up plan" as far as practice and spending free time?

First. The weather 10 days out is never extremely accurate. That could wind up coming through sooner.
Second. The forecast doesnt touch friday-sunday yet. It just shows thunderstorms tuesday-thursday.
Third. Florida in the summer, Isolated and Scattered thunderstorms are a part of the territory when it gets hot. They happen all the time. its nothing new.
Fourth. THE TEMPERATURES ARE IN THE 80s!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it says scattered storms on thursday, not sure what the rest of the weekend will look like. the rain in florida comes and goes, i doubt it will really be an issue.

(*fingers crossed*)

i think it stormed at the end of finals last year, don't really remember having a bad time because of it.

I went on accuweather.com and they had a forecast extended though the whole weekend but I guess the third point makes me feel a bit better. I was just curious to know what people will do IF there is thunderstorms

Haha wow this is disappointing. But I agree, it's a 10-day in the future weather forecast- since when are they ever very accurate?!
Besides, I'm arriving at 10 on Friday night, and leaving at 8 on Monday morning. We're going as spectators, so my mom said we're not spending any extra money on going to the parks. So either way, the weather isn't going to have any effect on my Worlds experience. :rolleyes:
Just like it shouldn't for anybody else, because it's Worlds for goodness sake and you shouldn't let rain ruin it!!

if it rains then waterproof pancho will be your best friend
Yes! The yellow or clear ones with mickey on them!!!
bad-fashion-mickey-mouse-poncho.jpg

Yep it poured last year when we were leaving after small sr awards..I was in flip flops - so a fun run to the car!
Florida weather is very unpredictable..it can literally downpour for a few mins - then the sun is right back out...this time of year there are a few thundershowers, but they can go as quickly as they come :)

I remember the block party last year when it POURED buckets of rain...It was sorta funny but for my group it kinda ruined our time cus we couldn't be at the parks so we ended up sprinting back to the buses. I hope you all are right about Florida rain leaving quickly!

i don't mind rain and thunder in 80 degree weather... its better than the cold rainy snowy mix i've been seeing in MA/CT... if it does rain... instead of the pool... i'll be at the bar... anyway is more than welcome to join me... we should have a 21+ fierceboarder meeettinggg
I'm down for that!!!

Also there is the bar that is connected to the jostens and you better believe youll see me there when there is a break.
being awake from 7am to 11pm is gonna be tough without some liquid encouragement

I'm down for that!!!

Also there is the bar that is connected to the jostens and you better believe youll see me there when there is a break.
being awake from 7am to 11pm is gonna be tough without some liquid encouragement

exactly what i said to my mom... she was at that bar during uca college nationals during her team breaks hahaha.

rich i may not agree on everything you say about certain things but i do agree on this liquid encouragement 100%

Latest posts

Back