OT Worst Cheer Nightmare

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
You drop the spirit stick. And go to Hades.
My team got one at camp this year, and I set it down on our hotel room floor near my backpack at one point. One of my teammates who is totally obsessed with those movies and also incredibly superstitious screamed and whacked me in the head for letting it touch the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You tumble onto the basketball court during the wrong timeout, in front of thousands at the local city basketball game.
Dropping a pyramid 3 times in front of thousands at a band concert.
Dropping a pyramid twice at Nationals.
Breaking another base's ankle cause she came down from a 1-man and tripped on your leg.

My worst cheer nightmare is getting a bad mental block and losing all my tumbling and not being able to get it back....oh wait that's not a nightmare :(

Don't stress about it. Remember that little girl in the twinkles documentary? One day it will click, just believe in yourself.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

My worst cheer nightmare is getting a bad mental block and losing all my tumbling and not being able to get it back....oh wait that's not a nightmare :(

Oh no. Did you have a fall of some sort?

Whatever the case is for you, I'm sorry.

Biggest advice is just not to beat yourself up and know when it's time to step away (ex: if you've been in the gym for two hours, haven't thrown more than a walkover, and are near tears, you can be done for the day. It's ok.)

Last edited:
1. We are at a competition and I'm watching them perform. The music stops in the middle of running tumbling and they all gather in the middle of the floor to perform a routine that THEY choreographed which involved one of the girls changing into a Jammy costume(which has horrified me since my cheerleading days)

2. My strapless bra falls off in the middle of the routine. I pick it up at the end of the routine while a mini's team on the side of the floor laugh and point at me. (Oh, wait...that actually happened...):confused:

1. We are at a competition and I'm watching them perform. The music stops in the middle of running tumbling and they all gather in the middle of the floor to perform a routine that THEY choreographed which involved one of the girls changing into a Jammy costume(which has horrified me since my cheerleading days)

2. My strapless bra falls off in the middle of the routine. I pick it up at the end of the routine while a mini's team on the side of the floor laugh and point at me. (Oh, wait...that actually happened...):confused:
BAHAHA

Was this real!

I have a recurring dream that smoed asks me to fill in for one of their members at competitions... I don't know the routine or have the ability to execute any of the skills so I just run around all over the mat (or lack of mat since this competition is on a baseball diamond) but for whatever reason the crowd doesn't notice that I'm literally running in circles.

Basket omission, collapsed 2-2-1, and two missed front pike dismounts in the pyramid. Not terrible considering it was literally the first time we had done it, but we literally got the counts when we were warming up.

I had a comp weekend just gone and we got the music and only put the routine together the week before and most have never done a cheer comp before.

It didnt go too badly but we have a month to fix it so thats good

Back