OT Worst Cheer Nightmare

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My team went to a competition several weeks ago (HS) The sound system was a disaster. None of the cd's my coaches brought worked (even though they were all tested), so we had to plug her phone to it. Our routine has a 1st music section, a break in music for the cheer, and a 2nd music portion. Needless to say, the 2nd half never started (well, it would start and then stop) We stood there for at least a minute in the chaos. The crowd tried to be nice and help count our routine, but the music has a weird portion where it goes 7-8-1-1-2 that we choreographed to... Just a disaster [emoji23]

Other teams all had sound issues too. One had unbearable high pitched feedback throughout most of their routine. And the sound guy showed up 20 minutes late. Ugh

1. We are at a competition and I'm watching them perform. The music stops in the middle of running tumbling and they all gather in the middle of the floor to perform a routine that THEY choreographed which involved one of the girls changing into a Jammy costume(which has horrified me since my cheerleading days)

2. My strapless bra falls off in the middle of the routine. I pick it up at the end of the routine while a mini's team on the side of the floor laugh and point at me. (Oh, wait...that actually happened...):confused:
1, 2 Jammy's coming for you,
3, 4 better lock your door,
5, 6 grab your spirit stick,
7, 8 gonna stay up late,
7, 8....7, 8.....

1, 2 Jammy's coming for you...

LOL.

Is there a reason it was literally the first time ya did this, at nationals of all places.
We didn't get our pyramid counts until we were in warm ups, we redid our entire routine as we had a top girl get injured the week before (CATCH YOUR TOP GIRL. NOT A HARD CONCEPT), and we don't have a full floor of mats. I was tumbling in spots half on mat, half on rubber floor. We also had people missing practice so we could never run every part anyway.

Thankfully it wasn't a nationals though. It was a competition we hosted.

We didn't get our pyramid counts until we were in warm ups, we redid our entire routine as we had a top girl get injured the week before (CATCH YOUR TOP GIRL. NOT A HARD CONCEPT), and we don't have a full floor of mats. I was tumbling in spots half on mat, half on rubber floor. We also had people missing practice so we could never run every part anyway.

Thankfully it wasn't a nationals though. It was a competition we hosted.
Well, that's embarrassing. At least it's over!

Back