OT Worst Cheer Nightmare

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
When I cheered I had recurring dreams that I got to either a pep rally or a football game and I had forgotten my spanks (most of the time it was homecoming for some reason).
The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
In junior high this actually happened to a girl on our team. Luckily it was just an assembly and all we did was get introduced and then do the school cheer (which did include kicks). When she got introduced she just waved (everyone else tumbled or jumped) and then didn't do the kicks in the cheer. the struggle was real.

Can I just say that I've been an ex-cheerleader for about four months now and have not had any cheer-related dreams, but talking about this yesterday made me have one last night. I dreamed it was our first competition of the year and it was in the basketball stadium at a college nearby, and our minis music hadn't come in yet. And it was super dark, like I couldn't see the mats but I could hear routines going on and people cheering. And I left my backpack in the car so I had to go back and get it, but I forgot where I parked my car so I spent the rest of the dream walking around campus looking for it. Lol that is all.

In junior high this actually happened to a girl on our team. Luckily it was just an assembly and all we did was get introduced and then do the school cheer (which did include kicks). When she got introduced she just waved (everyone else tumbled or jumped) and then didn't do the kicks in the cheer. the struggle was real.

Oh, and I would be beyond mortified. Once in junior high I got down the road and realized I didn't have mine so I made my mom turn around.

Last season, I was really good friends with my backspot (I was a flyer). My backspot would joke with me and say, "If you butt me in the face, I will drop you." That never happened but I had a nightmare where it was the homecoming pep rally and I "butted" her in the face. She dropped me on my butt and laughed at me.

My earlier post were all NIGHTMARES I've had, because I thought the thread was about recurring nightmares:

In terms of ACTUAL nightmare stuff that's happened:

1. When I coached Y2, one of my kids threw her TUCK in a pass that was supposed to end in a BHS. Cue horrified looks.

I did this once when I was on Y2.... in my defense, I had the flu and the medicine the doctor gave me made me super hyper and i was like 6 and i enjoyed showing off so i didn't really think anything of it.... haha:wasntme:

My earlier post were all NIGHTMARES I've had, because I thought the thread was about recurring nightmares:

In terms of ACTUAL nightmare stuff that's happened:

1. When I coached Y2, one of my kids threw her TUCK in a pass that was supposed to end in a BHS. Cue horrified looks.

2. One of my main flyers on Senior 2 was in a custody situation in which the parents were being pretty nasty. The week of a comp, judge orders daughter to spend weekends with her dad. Girl goes to dad's for the weekend. Comp weekend. Dad is clueless about cheer and doesn't have directions to the venue. She shows up 10 minutes to warm up with hair and make up that screams "My dad did this and he has no idea what he's doing." (this is a younger senior girl who hasn't ever really done her own comp hair or make up.) My assistant tried to do what she could, but we didn't have time and she had to go on looking like RuPaul/Bozo the Clown.

For issue number 1

y1 kid_ threw a BHS at NCA day 2, they were in the lead on day 1 in first place. The horror that they lived with until awards I cannot imagine.

Still won.

(This was before we got to the gym but this girl has been on my daughters teams a few times since and it always comes up lol such a funny story!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got a few real ones:

1) tiny 1 kid (my goddaughter) crosses over on my cp8?'s M2 for USFinals. Center standing pass on her own T1 team and she throws a very pretty and technically amazing bhs.

WOOOPS.

At 5 she snapped up and had a look of horror on her face. She knew. We all died laughing honestly because we knew we'd finish dead last anyway so what did it hurt. M2 actually finished 8/9 that competition. You'd thought they won worlds for not finishing last.

2) headed to myrtle beach from Charlotte and one of our teammates calls that they won't be there until 2-3am because they realized when packing for this comp, they left the uniform in the closet....in the hotel....in Atlanta...from the comp 2 weeks before!

They had to drive back to Atlanta to pick it up (when the hotel was not going to give it to them because they couldn't prove it was theirs...I think they had to provide pictures and proof) and THEN drive to myrtle beach.

2) headed to myrtle beach from Charlotte and one of our teammates calls that they won't be there until 2-3am because they realized when packing for this comp, they left the uniform in the closet....in the hotel....in Atlanta...from the comp 2 weeks before!

They had to drive back to Atlanta to pick it up (when the hotel was not going to give it to them because they couldn't prove it was theirs...I think they had to provide pictures and proof) and THEN drive to myrtle beach.

I got the "OMGGGGGGG WHAT" upset stomach just READING this.

I always had nightmares about getting my teeth kicked in while backspotting...
A girl on WCSS got her teeth knocked out by her flyer at NCA back in 1999... she got then fixed though, so it's all good.

Last edited:
CP breaks back and has to compete at Worlds anyway.

Oh wait...
And the call at midnight telling you she has to. And the reason why. And...ay yi yi that was very much a nightmare.

Sorry I slept through most of it :p

Showing up to a competition with no tumbling, sloppy motions and horrible stunts and jumps while your rival is destroying your whole division.

When we first started competing I always had this crazy dream the night before competition, that a stunt went wrong (I'm a base, in my avatar that's me basing, back to the camera) and my flyer bonked me on the head with her knee or elbow and I was OK I just couldn't remember the routine...but I still had to go out on the mat!

Don't get it so much now thankfully!

CK x

I'm watching UCA footage right now and thinking about this one:

You're performing at UCA finals, and after your cheer, one of your teammates doesn't toss a sign hard enough after the cheer.

While transitioning to the dance, you slip.

You fall.

You tear your ACL.

DUN DUN DUN.

Back