All-Star You Know You're A Cheer'parent' When................

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

not HER name. The gym name. Because I had never heard of it. Did you think I meant the GIRL'S name? It was just the name of a gym and I was looking to see if it was a cheer gym. Not sure how this is creepy? I think that's why people wear stuff with their gym's name on it--for advertising. If you want your gym to be a secret and "un-google-able" you probably shouldn't wear the name of it all over town. And you probably shouldn't have a website.
I knew you meant the gym name. But still, googling it as soon as you see it on her back...a little creepy

you're willing to let your daughter cheer on three teams (at a gym 45min. away), despite gas prices approaching 5$/gallon.
This was my mom a few years ago when gas was really expensive! Let's just say, as soon as I was 16, I got a job to help out with gas. lol.

I knew you meant the gym name. But still, googling it as soon as you see it on her back...a little creepy

I'm sorry, but I'm a little offended by being called creepy (no, maybe a LOT offeneded). Why exactly is it creepy to google the name of a gym that I saw on someone's jacket? It'd be creepy if I was googling it so I could go scope out this girl--that'd be very creepy. But how is it creepy that I want to know what gyms there are in our area? Like I said--if you don't want people to be curious about your gym, don't advertise it. And how is it different to google it as soon as I saw it as opposed to later? Later I wouldn't even remember the name--I don't even remember it now.

Just curious...why would a gym have people running around with the name of their BUSINESS on their clothes? Why do gyms push and push this stuff? They don't make that much money on the jacket--if they make any at all. They make money on people like me seeing the jacket and saying "Oooh, what's that? Is it another cheer place? Is it closer to us? Is it nice? Should we go check it out?" If they didn't want that to happen, they'd say "Don't wear this anywhere but comp and to the gym. We don't want anyone to know we're here"

The past two comps we have had to go get some of our stuff out of the car to pack so we could leave the next day!! It's gotten really bad since I got the Tahoe and we don't see all the stuff in the back so we forget to get it!! lol

I can relate to that! My husband thought the toaster had been stolen until I remembered it was still in the trunk of my car from NCA!!!

You carry a one of your childs old back packs instead of a purse to competitions.
You always have multiple feminine products, tylonel, advil,(for all ages) icy hot, tiger balm etc and everyone in the gym knows to come to you.
You carry a case of water and snacks in your car at all times and again everyone comes to you if they forgot their water or snack.
You make friends with parents from other gyms.
You are the go to person if people need rides to practice or comps, because you NEVER miss.
You do not take vacations you take cheer-cations.
You are listening to the radio and your mind freaks out when the song doesn't change to the next song in your kids cheer music or the bells and whistles and voice overs are missing.
You see no problem taking your child to compete after a night of vomiting or with a really high temp. It's normal right?
Too many more to include here.
And Yes to all who ask I suffer from cheer insanity. Because without it you couldn't handle the rigors of being a cheer parent.

Code:
You always have multiple feminine products, tylonel, advil,(for all ages) icy hot, tiger balm etc and everyone in the gym knows to come to you.

OMG!! That is soooooooo true!! My daughter did school cheer for the first time last year and every game somebody needed something that I 'just happened to have' in my car. Even her school sponsor told me I always came prepared, but I admitted that it's just years of lugging all the 'emergency' items around.

Yes. To just about everything.

And googling a gym name in this instance is in no way creepy. I would have done the same thing.

And I guess I'll add that last year when planning a vacation with family to Orlando in 2011 I was secretly hoping it would coincide with Worlds so I could convince my CP she *had* to go see it. She's 7.

And another propsed family trip (a once in a lifetime type trip) in the spring of 2012 was causing me major anxiety.

And googling a gym name in this instance is in no way creepy. I would have done the same thing

I will agree with that. Althought I have never google an individual kid (other than Kierra Knowlan), when I get bored I do google the 'powerhouse' gyms and check them out.....cost, ect. No, it's not creepy and don't take offence. It's just like that pic mishap I had.....since I was in a cheerleading enviroment it really wasn't that big of a deal....but had there been a bunch of 'civilians' around me...I would have freaked out!!

Even though your daughter does the dance end of all star and is now on her h/s song team, you still read the fierce board, you still know all of big name gyms, you still are excited to see who is going to end up at worlds and what their routines are AND you still are on top of all of the cheer gossip in and around your town.

ahahahahaha :)

you know your a cheer mom (my mom) when you wear your daughters practice bow in your hair to competition along with their velour, and you get your nails french tipped with glitter to match their colors <3
also, you know all their voiceovers, and when you go to NCA, you grab your daughters hand and run them to the arena to watch top gun, world cup, stingrays, and cheer extreme with them
one more thing, you know what all the skills are. stunts, tumbling, jumps etc. <3 you gotta know it all to survive in the cheer world!

Back