All-Star Youth Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am going to ignore the debate and comment on something that I have been doing differently with my 9 yo CP this season and I have been loving the results. She is extremely pale, with blueish cool undertones. I started using the Revlon Photoready Illuminator Cream followed by PhotoReady BB cream. It is not so heavy that I can;t see her freckles but it helps refract the stage lights beautifully. I have never received so many compliments about her makeup.

Thanks for the tip!

*The day Susie was not full of sunshine.*

Yes... but not the modern day star stickers. You know the glittery flexible kind. No, we had the real stickers that teachers would use for putting on papers. I'm sure these are the ones your talking about, but I think most others in this thread aren't! They were somewhat thick and hard. Not flexible and definitely not meant for the face. The ends were so pointy, when you squinted or smiled it would stab you a little bit. Gymtyme used them though, so of course in our middle school minds we would be just like Gymtyme if we did too!
72782-06007-p03p

At 12 seconds they show the stickers.

Yes! These are what we used!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to know what kind of foundation we are all hypothetically talking about? It sounds like it's the old heavy version! I mean really, have you checked out the different kinds of foundation they have now!?! In most cases you don't need a heavy foundation to add some color or smooth out skin tones. If we are talking about a younger girl, a BB cream is perfect or just a light cover of liquid foundation. I use a cream to powder foundation on my CP - started using it when she was 4 and she is now 15. She still only uses it for cheer and not for everyday use. I personally feel like the OP has a way wrong idea or misconception of what make up is truly like now.

We use Bare Minerals powder a shade darker than I'd normally go to give CP some color. It's decent for her skin and she just looks sunkissed.

Perhaps I should count my lucky stars that my DH does all our make up and doesn't think it's OOT or sexual? I completely understand that men are wired differently, but if a grown adult male looks at my 7 year olds red lips and thinks something sexual I don't want him anywhere near my child. Men are hard wired differently, but they aren't typically hard wired to be a pedo.

*The day Susie was not full of sunshine.*
Thank you.

I find it funny that no one seems to want to make that point to other scantily clad athletes (not trying to bash @catlady, it's just that people sexualize cheerleaders more than anyone other group of athletes, even in full tops. For example, I once read an article in which some BLITHERING IDIOT said that it's okay for cheerleaders to pull heel stretches (he didn't even know the correct terminology) at competitions, but not at games because grown men go to games and would see that as sexual).

Last edited:
Do the guys wear makeup so their faces aren't washed out?
My best friend does
ba59bbed4a1946cc0c3254b1eea4101b.jpg

Tbh, most guys aren't featured that much except for tumbling. Which you really don't see anyone's face there... Or maybe a good boy point jumper or something. But generally they aren't all up front.

Perhaps I should count my lucky stars that my DH does all our make up and doesn't think it's OOT or sexual? I completely understand that men are wired differently, but if a grown adult male looks at my 7 year olds red lips and thinks something sexual I don't want him anywhere near my child. Men are hard wired differently, but they aren't typically hard wired to be a pedo. *The day Susie was not full of sunshine.*

Who in Hades said anything about men being pedophiles with a 7 year old wearing lip stick?! I defended @FamousxMindset who I felt was entitled to his opinion, and he only said they didn't want his young child wearing make up. As far as the hardwired comment, I don't know how HS dating works in your area but, in ours, half of the HS relationships are found on InstaGram and Twitter in neighboring schools and areas. These cheer dads and guys aren't as concerned with pedophiles, as much as, the 18 year old that truly finds your 12 year old, that looks 18, attractive and the 12 year old that is flattered and lies.

@Official OWECheer why is a man a "BLITHERING IDOT" if he is tells you he finds something sexual? While I don't agree with him, I most certainly feel he is entitled to tell me, "he does", at least I know who to watch. I, personally, don't understand the women, or people in general, who feel they are going to change what a person finds attractive or sexual by saying "you shouldn't" or "that's stupid". THIS is exactly the problem I have with our mentality on pedophiles. They keep telling us they are still attracted to kids and don't find anything wrong with it but yet, we tell them to "stop" and put them back on the street. Who's the idiot? I think it's pretty even. While I don't dictate what I do based on a crazy few, I'm at least willing to listen to the majority of outsiders that question the necessity of the ever shrinking uniforms and increased make up we are putting on our kids.

Who in Hades said anything about men being pedophiles with a 7 year old wearing lip stick?! I defended @FamousxMindset who I felt was entitled to his opinion, and he only said they didn't want his young child wearing make up. As far as the hardwired comment, I don't know how HS dating works in your area but, in ours, half of the HS relationships are found on InstaGram and Twitter in neighboring schools and areas. These cheer dads and guys aren't as concerned with pedophiles, as much as, the 18 year old that truly finds your 12 year old, that looks 18, attractive and the 12 year old that is flattered and lies.

@Official OWECheer why is a man a "BLITHERING IDOT" if he is tells you he finds something sexual? While I don't agree with him, I most certainly feel he is entitled to tell me, "he does", at least I know who to watch. I, personally, don't understand the women, or people in general, who feel they are going to change what a person finds attractive or sexual by saying "you shouldn't" or "that's stupid". THIS is exactly the problem I have with our mentality on pedophiles. They keep telling us they are still attracted to kids and don't find anything wrong with it but yet, we tell them to "stop" and put them back on the street. Who's the idiot? I think it's pretty even. While I don't dictate what I do based on a crazy few, I'm at least willing to listen to the majority of outsiders that question the necessity of the ever shrinking uniforms and increased make up we are putting on our kids.
I am not a fan of heavy makeup or shrinking uniforms (I personally prefer the clean, collegiate look over anything).

And the reason I was annoyed is because you don't see people writing articles like that directed toward other athletes that wear short skirts and/or have to pull their legs up for certain skills. People are free to find whatever they want sexual, but cheer seems to always be the target, even when the athletes are dressed on the modest side. I can see why somebody would view a crop top as sexual, or heavy makeup, but we are not the only ones that wear those things.

Back