All-Star 1/31-2/1 American Masters Upper Marlboro, Md

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cinn124

Cheer Parent
May 17, 2014
Who will be attending this competition? I know it's the same weekend as BATC & Providence. I'm sure everyone will be scattered. This comp is a tradition for our gym so it's where we'll be! Hope to see some of y'all there!

Last edited:
we were supposed to be there :(

Some SJS teams will be there.

Is this the venue where they also show horses? If so, we were there years ago and parked a mile away (almost literally) and then the place stunk...and I'm not talking about glitter and hair spray either! :eek:

Is this the venue where they also show horses? If so, we were there years ago and parked a mile away (almost literally) and then the place stunk...and I'm not talking about glitter and hair spray either! :eek:
Yes...the Showplace Arena

We used to go there a lot for small competitions - was surprised this was a location for a Summit bid event. I'm really sensitive to smells and I don't remember it being really stinky or smelling of horse.

It typically only stinks if there was a horse show the day before. We've competed there many times and I've only had issues once, when it was so dusty that I could barely breathe.

It's actually not a horrible venue. Free parking, a decent amount of space, restaurants within a few minutes driving distance. I'm surprised that they're doing a Summit bid competition there, but we've always enjoyed it for more regional events.

Does anybody know when American Masters typically releases the schedule? Is it a week before or the Wednesday before?

I think its a combination of 3 things: BATC the same weekend for the first time, decreased participation over the last several years, and convention center is just too big, and the Orioles and Ravens fan appreciation day is the same exact day at convention center. Last year people were wrapped around the convention center to get in, parking was a nightmare and so were the lines!

Back