All-Star 1/31-2/1 American Masters Upper Marlboro, Md

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not going to this comp, but curious why Youth teams aren't on the Sunday schedule. Are they not giving Summit bids to Youth? I must be missing something right?

Not going to this comp, but curious why Youth teams aren't on the Sunday schedule. Are they not giving Summit bids to Youth? I must be missing something right?
Youth teams compete Friday night and Saturday. I'm still so annoyed by it. We pulled out when they told us, and I really wanted to return to this comp.

Youth teams compete Friday night and Saturday. I'm still so annoyed by it. We pulled out when they told us, and I really wanted to return to this comp.

Maybe if they didn't change venues they would have room to put everyone on Sat & Sun. If I was a youth parent I would't be happy. The youth teams are competing until after 9pm! For the more local kids, after being in school all day and getting ready then driving down there to compete, I hope the team moms bring lots of pixie sticks!

That's why we pulled. We can't ask half the gym to miss ANOTHER day of school for no reason. So now I'm stuck making the 4.5 hour drive to Providence
Fortunately my CP doesn't have school that day or Monday the 2nd. She's not competing on Friday but one of the other girls that I'm driving down will be.

It will be interesting how they hand out bids -1 full paid 5 AL bids - I can't imagine them deciding to give the full paid bid out before any junior or senior team competes. Hoping a few AL get given to youth teams - this is going to be interesting how they do this with awards for all Youth levels being done before any Junior or Senior team competes. I think the fairest for the full paid bid is highest of all and if that was a youth team on the first day then so be it (can be done not often but have seen it) - give it to them Sunday (I am sure a youth team would not mind hearing that after the fact - especially the parents that are paying). Don't expect that to happen but if that was the case that would be the right thing.

It will be interesting how they hand out bids -1 full paid 5 AL bids - I can't imagine them deciding to give the full paid bid out before any junior or senior team competes. Hoping a few AL get given to youth teams - this is going to be interesting how they do this with awards for all Youth levels being done before any Junior or Senior team competes. I think the fairest for the full paid bid is highest of all and if that was a youth team on the first day then so be it (can be done not often but have seen it) - give it to them Sunday (I am sure a youth team would not mind hearing that after the fact - especially the parents that are paying). Don't expect that to happen but if that was the case that would be the right thing.
Last year they gave out the bids based on % of perfection. Top score got paid, next top 5 got AL, regardless of level. I can't tell by the declaration which way they're going this year. It only states it's based on factors such as % of perfection and other components including distribution per level.

Back