All-Star 100's Of Hours Of Practice, Thousands Of Dollars, Plenty Of Blood, Sweat, And Tears...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can see your point... but, i still think it should be less than stunts.
rt- 10
st- 10
jumps- 10
dance/motions- 10
stunts- 20
pyramid- 15
tosses- 15

^^^^better? :)

It is better. However, I'm all for everything being equal. If we want stunts to be worth more I say do it like UCA as @kingston mentioned above.

I think everyone wants it to be right, we just have significantly different opinions of what right is.

The issue is not making a decision on one because none are perfect is making a decision.

All skills should be judged the same way with the same ranges. This way judging mechanics don't have to change depending on the skill. To apply percentage values later is fine for a competition to stand out. But really, does any other sport try to set themselves apart by how the actual sport is competed? Each EP can feel free to have as many mascots, stage light shows, sound systems, backdrops, and give aways they want. Be different that way. How we compete and who is the winner doesn't even really.change per scoresheet. Its always the same top teams. At NCA orange, Cali, and panthers battled for the top spots. On a different and more confusing scoresheet it was the same teams.

Last, the safety of the sport can improve vastly if everything is the same. Imstead of.fumbling towards a different scoresheet every comp teams can work on perfection. What I think you'd find is if the NCA scoresheet (yes its NCAs with another decimal place) was made the standard routines would start getting a LOT harder and cleaner.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I think everyone wants it to be right, we just have significantly different opinions of what right is.

I think the problem is that staffs across the country do not know what the scoresheet is really looking for until they see the judging decsions after the prelims at Worlds. If there were a series of competitions that defined to the best of the regional and national judging panels abilities what the World's panel and scoresheet was going to reward, the staffs and teams could commit to the skills and level of execution that they knew were rewarded by the panels leading up to Worlds and ask the Worlds' panels to hold to the judging standards and decisions during the year for that competion. The actual judging on the standardized sheet would define the judging at Worlds as the season progressed and allow teams and staffs to let the routine evolve to what scored the best and gave them the best chance to win.

You've seen me argue for universal scoresheets well back into last year so I'm right there with you.

But the event producers must enforce all techniques, legalities, and rules violations through scoring, deductionsand disqualifications.

When people are affected by their finals placing, they will follow the rules. We get mad at the USASF, but they don't have an unlimited staff to police these things. They put the rules out, the EPs have the budget to ensure teams follow them otherwise people should not attend those competitions.

I can see your point... but, i still think it should be less than stunts.
rt- 10
st- 10
jumps- 10
dance/motions- 10
stunts- 20
pyramid- 15
tosses- 15

^^^^better? :)

Jumps are not really.tumbling. they are more like baskets and an execution skill. Some of the best.tumbling teams at worlds still.had just OK jumps. So if jumps were actually.judged a little tougher on the execution part yous find all the double crazy teams would scale back a bit and level the playing field. Its hard to go do a double after you have competed to perfection a jump sequence. And teams with not so many.doubles could gain points if they would.just work on the perfection of the jumps.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

The universal scoresheet and scoring rubric, to me, is the lynchpin for bringing legitimacy to cheer as a sport.

I also think that any scoring rubric has to be easy enough for a "fan" to understand - at least the basics of it. Personally, and maybe I'm in the minority, I like the Jam Brands scoresheet for that purpose. It's clear and makes sense to me. There might be reasons why it doesn't work, however.

Even a bad universal should produce consistent results everyone could strive for.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Back