OT 16 And Pregnant

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Well here is ignorance at its finest

Yes I know this isnt full on allstar cheerleading and it's on a tramp but really?

And then there are those of us who do everything possible to provide the safest home for our unborn children, eat all the right foods, adhere to all of the precautions, and put our baby FIRST in every aspect of our life to have the perfect pregnancy........to only watch them suffer and die in an incubator. To those of us NICU Moms who have went through tragedies such as this, watching this video is a slap in the face x100000000000. I want to drive a karma bus right into that sorry excuse for a mother.

And then there are those of us who do everything possible to provide the safest home for our unborn children, eat all the right foods, adhere to all of the precautions, and put our baby FIRST in every aspect of our life to have the perfect pregnancy........to only watch them suffer and die in an incubator. To those of us NICU Moms who have went through tragedies such as this, watching this video is a slap in the face x100000000000. I want to drive a karma bus right into that sorry excuse for a mother.

I posted my opinion on this initially about a month ago. I was put to bed at 17 weeks with cp and her brother and spent the next 20 weeks counting down days: if they make it to this date they should live, if they make it to this date their brains should be developed, if they make it here their lungs should be developed. I obsessed over the calendar. I actually had women tell me "oh, I just couldn't stay in bed like that" :eek: are you kidding me! And then I see someone like this idiot with no thought to the fact her center of gravity is out of whack and what if she fell and hit the side of the tramp or even fell off completely.

gymncheercoach - I am so very sorry about the loss of your baby. I cannot imagine the pain (for which I am grateful, and I realize how fortunate we were. CPand her brother will be graduating in two weeks.)

I posted my opinion on this initially about a month ago. I was put to bed at 17 weeks with cp and her brother and spent the next 20 weeks counting down days: if they make it to this date they should live, if they make it to this date their brains should be developed, if they make it here their lungs should be developed. I obsessed over the calendar. I actually had women tell me "oh, I just couldn't stay in bed like that" :eek: are you kidding me! And then I see someone like this idiot with no thought to the fact her center of gravity is out of whack and what if she fell and hit the side of the tramp or even fell off completely.

gymncheercoach - I am so very sorry about the loss of your baby. I cannot imagine the pain (for which I am grateful, and I realize how fortunate we were. CPand her brother will be graduating in two weeks.)

Aww I'm so glad to hear everything ended up ok for your little ones (that are now not so little lol). Are they twins? My boys were twins too! Both passed away in the NICU.....same day, double funeral.
The lady in this video just makes me sick and that is crazy that people would say "oh, I just couldn't stay in bed like that". Talk about selfish!!!! When you are in that position, you don't even question it- you just do it! Whatever is best for the baby or babies!

gymncheercoach
Yes, they are twins - boy and girl and my cp is very proud of the fact she is the oldest by a minute:p. Their big sister was 2 1/2
when they were born and bless her heart, her world got rocked when we brought them home.

On a serious note, I cannot begin to express my sympathy for the loss of your boys. If you don't mind my asking, how old would they be?

The MacKenzie girl, cheerleader chick from OK, is going to be on the Teen Mom 3 season. Great, just what the cheer community needs an athlete on Teen Mom.

The MacKenzie girl, cheerleader chick from OK, is going to be on the Teen Mom 3 season. Great, just what the cheer community needs an athlete on Teen Mom.

She isn't the first or the last pregnant cheerleader in life or on the show. I'm also pretty sure Maci was on an all star dance team and continued to try to do it after Bentley was born.

And I really doubt they're going to focus on the "cheer" aspect of her life...and from what Ive read there isn't much "cheer" left in her life

She isn't the first or the last pregnant cheerleader in life or on the show. I'm also pretty sure Maci was on an all star dance team and continued to try to do it after Bentley was born.

And I really doubt they're going to focus on the "cheer" aspect of her life...and from what Ive read there isn't much "cheer" left in her life

If it remains as big of a part of her life as she talked then it could be a focus on the show since she wants to cheer in college. I know that she still works on tumbling and stunts and they have already started filming.
Something like this only helps some of the negative stereotypes that some have of cheerleading and cheerleaders in general. I hope that they prove me wrong with the season, but I won't hold my breath because MTV does a good job and focusing on the negative.

Yeah if a coach came out and said that to the girl it would be a bunch of awkwardness.
I remember the year after I graduated from high school there was a girl who I believe was a sophomore at the time got pregnant and the coach allowed her to continue being on the team. Like she cheered the games and everything with a big ol belly. Then after the baby was born she continued to cheer and would bring the baby to the games dressed in a lions outfit (the mascot). It was rather embarrassing to see.
I was a coach I would never let a girl continue to cheer like that, JMO

IMO it is really sad that the world has such a bad perception of this...

I was a teen parent, pregnant when i was 17 had my daughter when i was 18. I had competed in all star cheer since i was 15 and continued to compete until i found out i was pregnant. Since i didnt know i was pregnant until i was about 12 weeks i was still stunting, tumbling and jumping up until that point. When my daughter was 3 months old i figured out that that year would be my last all star year that i could be on a senior team, so i went for it. I lived on my own with my daughter, worked 2 part time jobs, went to college part time because i graduated high school early and in the gym i was on a senior 3, senior 4 and senior coed 5 that went to worlds that year and yet i still spent plenty of time with my daughter who is very much ahead of her milestones as a child because of the time i spend working with her educationally. Just because you have a baby doesn't mean your life comes to an end. My all star program was completely aware of the situation and help with anything and everything they could. A good support system is necessary but the accomplishments i made would never make me think twice about what i did. I coach there now and my daughter has always loved being in the gym. There arw mothers that give 110 in their child and everything they do, its just sad that there are people who give it a bad name, because i dont know anyone who has a story like mine.

the episode aired in Europe tonight, so after seeing it I just had to came and read here:)

We had a pregnant girl on the team I coach this past year.
After she told me, I decided to no longer let her compete with us and said if she really wanted and could she was always welcome to come back after the baby was born. we dont have that much competitions here.

It was just a few weeks before our nationals, so of course i was not happy as I had to adjust a lot in our routine. We had to cancel our biggest pyramid because we came one person short.

She was really upset and angry at me for doing it and she left together with a friend who didnt agree with my decision either.

She said I could at least let her try. I explained to her that to me it didnt seem a good idea to fly and tumble while being pregnant and when competing you must be able to do the entire routine.
She said that it was unfair and she'd skip her tumble parts and "she was sure the judges would understand if they saw her pregnant belly".

She joined another team who aperently had no problem having a pregnant girl in their competition team.

I thought her reaction was very imature and unresponsible. worst thing is, she studied and now works as a nurse but claims she didnt know she could get pregnant so easily after forgetting birthcontrol. (she was 20 years old and on an international team)

im really worried for that baby...

I don't understand some people. If I was pregnant I'd want to protect my baby the most I could. My lil brother died shortly after he was born premature with spina bifida because of a doctors mistake and the pain and emotions my mom went through after I wouldn't wish upon anyone! Some people make really poor choices....One of my bases when I was in 9th grade (10 years ago) was pregnant towards the end of the season and no one found out til after season was over...the amount of times I probably kicked her by accident makes me cringe. From what I heard shortly after she had twins that I *think* were healthy..but still..makes me wanna smh and scream at someone

Back