OT 16 And Pregnant

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
16 and Pregnant and Teen Moms are two different shows.

Yes I know that. I was saying that all of the shows were filmed a while ago. Mackenzie's was actually pretty recent compared to some of the others. I have followed some blogs about the show. Some of the girls for season 5 of 16 & Pregnant have already filmed. TM1 and TM2 have also already filmed and wrapped up their next seasons so what we will be watching will have happened a long time ago. Leah and Cory have already been divorced for right at or almost a year and she just got married again (which won't be on their next season).
Apparently Mackenzie is lobbying to be on Teen Mom 3. Anybody know what team she made it on?
Support For Mackenzie Douthit | Facebook

Does she realize if she gets on Teen Mom her chance of ever cheering in college is going to get even smaller. No big time university cheer coach or school in general is going to allow that.

Yes I know that. I was saying that all of the shows were filmed a while ago. Mackenzie's was actually pretty recent compared to some of the others. I have followed some blogs about the show. Some of the girls for season 5 of 16 & Pregnant have already filmed. TM1 and TM2 have also already filmed and wrapped up their next seasons so what we will be watching will have happened a long time ago. Leah and Cory have already been divorced for right at or almost a year and she just got married again (which won't be on their next season).

Does she realize if she gets on Teen Mom her chance of ever cheering in college is going to get even smaller. No big time university cheer coach or school in general is going to allow that.

Apparently she is cheering somewhere according to one of her post, but Im not sure if she is still will be in high school or if it was a college squad. I didnt know colleges allowed their cheerleaders to have children with it being as time consuming as it is.

Apparently she is cheering somewhere according to one of her post, but Im not sure if she is still will be in high school or if it was a college squad. I didnt know colleges allowed their cheerleaders to have children with it being as time consuming as it is.

She is still in high school. Her baby was just born this past fall and she was a Junior. A competitive college team isn't going to put her on a team with a child. With games and competition there is no way it would work.

She is still in high school. Her baby was just born this past fall and she was a Junior. A competitive college team isn't going to put her on a team with a child. With games and competition there is no way it would work.

I don't know about that.... I've known of at least 1 cheerleader on a competitive team that had a baby. I'm sure some schools (agree with it or not) have the mantra, if you have someone to take care of the kid and can make the commitment then so be it....and then suppose a competitive team does not allow a mom to cheer, I'm sure they could play the whole _______ on the Fball team has 2 kids and ____________ on the basketball team has 3 and this baseball player has 1.....card.....

Maybe not OSU but I'm sure some competitive team will welcome her with open arms

I don't know about that.... I've known of at least 1 cheerleader on a competitive team that had a baby. I'm sure some schools (agree with it or not) have the mantra, if you have someone to take care of the kid and can make the commitment then so be it....and then suppose a competitive team does not allow a mom to cheer, I'm sure they could play the whole _______ on the Fball team has 2 kids and ____________ on the basketball team has 3 and this baseball player has 1.....card.....

Maybe not OSU but I'm sure some competitive team will welcome her with open arms

The difference in the football or basketball players are they are usually the Dad's who are not the primary caregiver (there are exceptions). A mom having to travel for games and have late night practices for a competition i just don't think will fly with a lot of bigger name gyms. I know that if I were a coach I would tell her to focus on what is important, her education and child. I am sure several allstar gyms would take her though for an International team.

The difference in the football or basketball players are they are usually the Dad's who are not the primary caregiver (there are exceptions). A mom having to travel for games and have late night practices for a competition i just don't think will fly with a lot of bigger name gyms. I know that if I were a coach I would tell her to focus on what is important, her education and child. I am sure several allstar gyms would take her though for an International team.

Yeah, but that would be the point. The double standard. (I'm talking about college not all star btw). A collegiate athletic department shouldn't say its okay that S. Garcia (we will use Carolina's former QB because he had a son) to play football but meanwhile Suzie Jones can't cheer at the same University...because she has a daughter because she needs to be at home with the baby because women are primary care givers.... If Suzie Jones has a mother that is kind/stupid enough to raise Suzie's kid while Suzie is cheering and getting an education, I don't feel that she should be excluded from being able to cheer if she has the talent....

Or suppose Suzie was a 22 yr old married grad student, and her husband was willing to let her cheer while he did fatherly duties..

Yeah, but that would be the point. The double standard. (I'm talking about college not all star btw). A collegiate athletic department shouldn't say its okay that S. Garcia (we will use Carolina's former QB because he had a son) to play football but meanwhile Suzie Jones can't cheer at the same University...because she has a daughter because she needs to be at home with the baby because women are primary care givers.... If Suzie Jones has a mother that is kind/stupid enough to raise Suzie's kid while Suzie is cheering and getting an education, I don't feel that she should be excluded from being able to cheer if she has the talent....

Or suppose Suzie was a 22 yr old married grad student, and her husband was willing to let her cheer while he did fatherly duties..
I have to agree. When reading the posts saying a mom can't cheer because she has a child, I'm thinking of many reasons why she can and how she will make it work. And you know if someone is told they can't cheer because of a child, there's an attorney who will happily take the case. If a coach doesn't want to even consider it, just cut her at tryouts and never mention the child.

I have to agree. When reading the posts saying a mom can't cheer because she has a child, I'm thinking of many reasons why she can and how she will make it work. And you know if someone is told they can't cheer because of a child, there's an attorney who will happily take the case. If a coach doesn't want to even consider it, just cut her at tryouts and never mention the child.

Yeah. The fact of the matter is, if a university is going to not allow you to cheer because you are someones mother, its not because they care about the well being of the child and your ability to devote enough time to raising it..... Its because they're concerned about you tarnishing the "wholesome" image of the collegiate cheerleader and being perceived as something....less desirable with a negative connotation....

I am not saying that the coach will come out and say no you can't cheer because you have a child, but in their head they are going to question if she can handle it or not. I agree though that many will not want that reputation. The school may allow it, but it is up to the coach to put her on the team.
With her it isn't only that she is a mother it is that she had MTV follow her as she became a mother.
Some coaches may look past it, but there are quite a few that would pass her up because she has a child.
I personally think that if you have a child and still want to compete stick with an International team because it takes far less committment then a college team that cheers and competes.

I am not saying that the coach will come out and say no you can't cheer because you have a child, but in their head they are going to question if she can handle it or not. I agree though that many will not want that reputation. The school may allow it, but it is up to the coach to put her on the team.
With her it isn't only that she is a mother it is that she had MTV follow her as she became a mother.
Some coaches may look past it, but there are quite a few that would pass her up because she has a child.
I personally think that if you have a child and still want to compete stick with an International team because it takes far less committment then a college team that cheers and competes.
Thank you for clarifying that the coach might have those thoughts, but not come out and say it.

Thank you for clarifying that the coach might have those thoughts, but not come out and say it.

Yeah if a coach came out and said that to the girl it would be a bunch of awkwardness.
I remember the year after I graduated from high school there was a girl who I believe was a sophomore at the time got pregnant and the coach allowed her to continue being on the team. Like she cheered the games and everything with a big ol belly. Then after the baby was born she continued to cheer and would bring the baby to the games dressed in a lions outfit (the mascot). It was rather embarrassing to see.

I just got around to watching last night's episode. Did anyone else see it yet? Both the girl and her boyfriend were the definition of a HOT MESS. She was a dancer/dance teacher, which was noted as her baby projectile vomited all over the floor of the dance studio as she was "teaching" the students. I think it's pretty safe to say that even Vivi-Anne could have out danced her though. She wasn't that good from what they showed.

As for the cheering in college thing...I had a coach who cheered on her college basketball & competition team while she had a young son. It's not unheard of!

Back