All-Star 1st Place Team Celebrating When 2nd Is Announced

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh my gosh, since we're thinking of things I'll go ahead and say
- People on fierceboard who can't stay on topic even a post after and are bringing up more info on beating dead horses than what this thread is about.

I kinda get upset when I see teams who don't atleast act like they're happy. Especially when there are several teams in that division. I've seen some teams who get 2nd and just look annoyed and walk away, suck it up and be happy you got the 2nd best title and act happy for people who work just as hard as you.

LALALA---I can't hear you. No more on this topic, please?

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
noisepollution460.jpg

ya know... The whole reason I brought this topic up in a new thread yesterday was because a MODERATOR of these boards made a controversial point about this exact issue in the "classiest gyms" thread yesterday. There is RARELY something as positive as that thread on this site, and through that moderators actions, I saw that there was clearly a reason to keep talking about it because of the point they raised... and I didn't want it to cloud the classy gym thread. I do apologize for bringing up something that y'all apparently talked about a lot. I don't spend every waking moment on here, and I guess I should use the search bar more often. Apologies to everyone... it'd be nice if this thread could be deleted since everyone is so clearly opposed to it, rather than me coming on here with several notifications of humiliation. I respect all of you on here, and a lot of you are my friends....

I just dont see the big deal...they are kids...they work hard...my goodness...we are heading to the point that we all will walk around in straight jackets as to not "offend" someone.....my lesson to my kids...work hard do your best....that will always be enough for you to have peace when you call it a day...:)

I have to agree with cmpayne, you should at least act like you're happy no matter what place you get. As for the first place team, please wait until you're called to jump all over the mat! Just my opinion

My solution....call 1st place 1st, 2nd place second, and so on.....problem solved....no more poor horses being beaten!:cheering:
And no asking kids to be super human and not show their joy!!! Come on people...can't we just teach our kids to strive for first...be good sports...how about second place not being sour over a harmless celebration...I tell my kids..."if that were you, wouldnt you be celebrating?"

It is just something that is brought up all the time. No new points have been made. People say the same thing every time.
I'm going to make a new point, here goes;

I'm totally fine with the first place team running around and acting crazy when they announce 2nd. As a matter of fact I think ALL teams should encircle the winning team and get down on their knees and bow to them. This would clearly show the dominance that the winning team has over all other would be competitors.

if they announce second and you have won. you should not get wicked excited until they announce that your team has one. and i fell like it is very rude and very bad sportsmanship to start screaming before they announce you as first.

Back