All-Star 1st Place Team Celebrating When 2nd Is Announced

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
Ok... let's try to not get this thread deleted, friends...

I did not want to cloud the thread giving a shout out to classy gyms with anymore talk about unclassy behavior. Sooooo... here's this..

My personal opinion about that is that we ask our kids to aim to be the best, but to be proud no matter what place they end up in as long as they gave their best effort. That means that if you get 2nd place, it's ok to desire that first place next time and to use that as motivation for next time... but to CELEBRATE all of the hard work you've put in and to be proud of that second place, because you did your best. Judging is out of your hands, so give it your all, and celebrate that trophy no matter what size. So when the first place team celebrates when second place is called, I believe that sends the message that you DO NOT get to celebrate if you get second place.... which makes me sadder than just about anything. I believe in winning... I believe in aiming to be a winner. However, if you get beat, then it was someone else's day to experience that feeling, and you can do more next time to beat them. And when you win, you need to also acknowledge the teams who push you to be the best, and let them have a moment to celebrate their placement.

I understood a point made yesterday about other sports.... but that's why I love cheerleading... because it's not other sports. Moments like what Top Gun and Cali have shared in the past few years (and other teams, clearly) at NCA make me proud as a human being.

That's my soapbox :) 5-6-7-8 clap yeah.

yes... fully acknowledged, yung.star. just trying to let anyone who has something to say about that topic say it here instead of the classiness thread.

even at worlds, only several teams practice this. i think cheerleaders should also have an "attitude camp/training/awareness." its ok to want to win but to want to win SO BAD, well, that's another story

Honestly my cp has got 2nd and 1st place and I really believe they even got 4th one time. However, I don't care when 1st place celebrates it. I'm not saying our gym does it as a whole because to tell you the truth every time we got 1st I did celebrate when the other team got 2nd. (i wasnt looking at anyone else saying omg there celebrating at the wrong time) The funny thing is I celebrate for every team. EVERY time wether it be 8th or 1st I yell and clap for what ever gym got that place to show my support and to thank them for what they did!

So how come when second place is called and my team got first how come I can't cheer and show my support for you!

So should I stop cheering for the 2nd place team and cheer for 3rd-last and 1st? Just so you don't think that's rude...

Sorry if you don't understand what I'm saying. Hopefully it makes sense to you!!

What if we had a thread on the Newbies page or on the Wiki page that listed topics that have been discussed to death?

They would then be forbidden from discussing those topics unless they could prove a completely new angle.

1. crossovers
2. dissing 2nd place
3. Level 4 should be at Worlds
4. etc....

What if we had a thread on the Newbies page or on the Wiki page that listed topics that have been discussed to death?

They would then be forbidden from discussing those topics unless they could prove a completely new angle.

1. crossovers
2. dissing 2nd place
3. Level 4 should be at Worlds
4. etc....

Can we add:
4. wanting to be on an all girl team but you are a boy.
5. boys wanting to be a flyer.

Back