All-Star 2012 London Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I guess I'm heartless for not feeling bad for Jordyn for not qualifying. I do feel bad for her in that the media boosted her up to be the one to pick up the AA torch from Nastia and Carly....she had such a high expectation put on her. I can honestly say she didn't have the best performances (bars, beam and floor) and I don't feel like any of her scores were too low and some people in the media seem to feel. I don't like that she cried on camera and wasn't able to congratulate her friend and teammate...but then again shes a 17 yr old girl who probably wasn't happy for her friend and teammate at that very moment...and at that moment she reacted how a teenager would react so thats whatever.

I've been thinking about this post and decided to comment on it. I'm assuming I'm just reading into this too much but I really hate that you wrote the bold part. I would have been shocked had she not cried on camera. It's the Olympics!! How could she not? Her dream was crushed by her own teammate, who just happened to have the competition of her life. I think that overall, Jordyn worked so much harder than Aly. Aly FINALLY cleaned up her technique after the trails and because of that, she was able to edge out Jordyn, who had an off day. I still think that Jordyn is twice the gymnast Aly is because Jordyn knows how to make is powerful and graceful. But this was just me ranting.

I've been thinking about this post and decided to comment on it. I'm assuming I'm just reading into this too much but I really hate that you wrote the bold part. I would have been shocked had she not cried on camera. It's the Olympics!! How could she not? Her dream was crushed by her own teammate, who just happened to have the competition of her life. I think that overall, Jordyn worked so much harder than Aly. Aly FINALLY cleaned up her technique after the trails and because of that, she was able to edge out Jordyn, who had an off day. I still think that Jordyn is twice the gymnast Aly is because Jordyn knows how to make is powerful and graceful. But this was just me ranting.
And I really hate that you wrote the bold part. Who are you to determine who worked harder than the other? Sounds something like Tim Daggett would say...

Oh... you're being serious. You might have been thinking about the post, but its evident that you didn't put thought into this response, or thought into the statement I made. I basically said (and meant) I hate she cried, BUT given the situation and circumstance...who cares... But I guess you also haven't been keeping up with the Lochte, Phelps and Tom Daly sagas (did he cry last night? )...so I mean it is possible to have a dream you worked for your entire athletic career...life even...crushed and not boohoo on camera. Its happened.

And in response to your second rant. Gymnastics, like any sport, is about who hits when hitting matters. It doesn't matter that you feel Jordyn "worked so much harder than Aly" (btw were you there?)...what matters is Aly got out there and did what she needed to do when it matters (not to discredit Jordyn, but she did have 3 mistakes on 3 events and her performance simply wasn't enough). Aly didn't go and crush her friend or teammates dream. Aly like Jordyn, Gabby, McKayla and Kyla got out there and did was she was supposed to do to get her team into 1st place going into finals. Was she supposed to give a lackluster performance just because there was a chance (being that she was to compete on all 4 apparatus ) she might qualify for AA over Gabby or Jordyn...simply because nobody had pegged or considered her to be an AA contender?

I would use an anecdote from today's competition but I wouldn't want to spoil it...in the event someone has browsed this thread and is still blissfully unaware.

I hope this response doesn't come across as rude...because its totally not my intent and I know responses on the internet can often be perceived differently than the original intent.... I am just truly baffled at your statements.

And in response to your second rant. Gymnastics, like any sport, is about who hits when hitting matters. It doesn't matter that you feel Jordyn "worked so much harder than Aly" (btw were you there?)...what matters is Aly got out there and did what she needed to do when it matters (not to discredit Jordyn, but she did have 3 mistakes on 3 events and her performance simply wasn't enough). Aly didn't go and crush her friend or teammates dream. Aly like Jordyn, Gabby, McKayla and Kyla got out there and did was she was supposed to do to get her team into 1st place going into finals. Was she supposed to give a lackluster performance just because there was a chance (being that she was to compete on all 4 apparatus ) she might qualify for AA over Gabby or Jordyn...simply because nobody had pegged or considered her to be an AA contender?

YESSSS shimmy x 10000000000000000000000000

everything I've been saying to anyone who would listen... which hasn't been too many lately :oops: haha

Wow rough pics LOL
My co-worker and I were laughing at this the other day! Apparently if they didn't submit headshots they snapped a picture like up against a wall as soon as they checked in to the Olympic Village. Some of them look SO ROUGH from days of travel. Look at the other countries too and other sports. It's so funny

Oh... you're being serious. You might have been thinking about the post, but its evident that you didn't put thought into this response, or thought into the statement I made. I basically said (and meant) I hate she cried, BUT given the situation and circumstance...who cares... But I guess you also haven't been keeping up with the Lochte, Phelps and Tom Daly sagas (did he cry last night? )...so I mean it is possible to have a dream you worked for your entire athletic career...life even...crushed and not boohoo on camera. Its happened.

I would use an anecdote from today's competition but I wouldn't want to spoil it...in the event someone has browsed this thread and is still blissfully unaware.

I hope this response doesn't come across as rude...because its totally not my intent and I know responses on the internet can often be perceived differently than the original intent.... I am just truly baffled at your statements.
I'll agree with you that Aly and Gabby deserved their spots, Jordyn wasn't on. But to criticize a child for crying when one of their Olympic dreams are shattered!? Are you kidding me! I in no way think that she did it in spite of Aly or Gabby but she was crushed, so a CHILD cried. I agree with much of what you said, but to criticize a child for crying in a moment like that seems a bit absurd.

This has been one of the best USA Woman's Gymnastics olympics I have ever seen...so far. I am guessing it only gets better since I know who got gold!

This has been one of the best USA Woman's Gymnastics olympics I have ever seen...so far. I am guessing it only gets better since I know who got gold!
I agree:) knowing that they won makes it ten times better to watch! Everytime they compete an event I'm left smiling! I'm so happy for them:) USA USA USA!

Is anyone else heartbroken watching Russia... Seriously, when they all started crying I about burst into tears myself.

Back