All-Star 2012 London Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I dont remember ever crying so hard watching the olympics. And if you didnt at least have a tear in your eye, then you must be dead....

I haven't read the whole thread. Sorry, if this has already been answered or discussed. . Question: I know Gabby & Ally will compete for the AA (all around) titles. I am confused about who is competeting for the individual event medals. How is that part decided? Thanks!!!!

I haven't read the whole thread. Sorry, if this has already been answered or discussed. . Question: I know Gabby & Ally will compete for the AA (all around) titles. I am confused about who is competeting for the individual event medals. How is that part decided? Thanks!!!!
Top 8 from each event (from the first day of competition) but no more than 2 per country

Is anyone else heartbroken watching Russia... Seriously, when they all started crying I about burst into tears myself.

I wasn't crying for Russia, they still medaled even with two major floor mistakes! Them not moving down the table as a result of that shows how great they are! And correct me if I'm wrong but they wouldn't have taken the gold if they hadn't had those mistakes would they?
I was more heartbroken for the Ukranian men when their bronze was downgraded to a 4th yesterday!

But hey, that could just be me being a little too harsh, it must have been soo frustrating to make those sort of errors in an Olympic final!

I'll agree with you that Aly and Gabby deserved their spots, Jordyn wasn't on. But to criticize a child for crying when one of their Olympic dreams are shattered!? Are you kidding me! I in no way think that she did it in spite of Aly or Gabby but she was crushed, so a CHILD cried. I agree with much of what you said, but to criticize a child for crying in a moment like that seems a bit absurd.

I am not criticizing a child for crying. I have REPEATEDLY said that I don't fault her for crying SIMPLY because of HER AGE. Yes. In a perfect world she would have been able to hug Aly and Gabby and share in their excitement and then walk off and boohoo in her pillow. But (as I have repeatedly said) she is a 17 girl and a 17 yr old girl would react that way. HOWEVER if you look at Tom Daly, an 18 yr old picked to medal in synch diving Monday...also lost...and did not cry. So it is not unheard of to save your disappointment for later. Thrill of victory; agony of defeat.

Russia also cried all thru floor finals, Ksenia cried on the mat, chick that missed the pass cried on the mat. They cried while leaving the arena.

I am not criticizing a child for crying. I have REPEATEDLY said that I don't fault her for crying SIMPLY because of HER AGE. Yes. In a perfect world she would have been able to hug Aly and Gabby and share in their excitement and then walk off and boohoo in her pillow. But (as I have repeatedly said) she is a 17 girl and a 17 yr old girl would react that way. HOWEVER if you look at Tom Daly, an 18 yr old picked to medal in synch diving Monday...also lost...and did not cry. So it is not unheard of to save your disappointment for later. Thrill of victory; agony of defeat.

Russia also cried all thru floor finals, Ksenia cried on the mat, chick that missed the pass cried on the mat. They cried while leaving the arena.

*Tom Daley

.. Sorry had to haha

I think Jordon reacted perfectly normal given the occasion. Way more calm than I would have and Im 21.

And I am 26 and I probably would have hugged my teammate, did my interviews, left the arena and threw a fit behind closed doors...because I am a professional adult and life and age has taught me to behave that way.......But none of this matters because as I've tried to point out...on numerous occasions...people are going to react how they are going to react....and nobody is going to react the same...however you don't have to agree with or like their behavior.

I wasn't crying for Russia, they still medaled even with two major floor mistakes! Them not moving down the table as a result of that shows how great they are! And correct me if I'm wrong but they wouldn't have taken the gold if they hadn't had those mistakes would they?
I was more heartbroken for the Ukranian men when their bronze was downgraded to a 4th yesterday!

But hey, that could just be me being a little too harsh, it must have been soo frustrating to make those sort of errors in an Olympic final!

I think what got me the most was that the last girl who did floor was still walking off and her teammates were already crying. They really knew that she was the nail in their coffin.

Back