All-Star 2012 London Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Am I the only one who thought that this opening ceremony was a bit.. lackluster?

I somewhat agree with you there. I thought the history part was interesting for a few minutes but it went on for waaaaaay too long! Other than that I thought it was spectacular

I woke up at 5:30am to watch it! Then it was replayed again in the afternoon...idiot! Should have just waited till then.

I thought it was okay. Parts I was like "that's amazing!" and then others I was like "oh gosh, no". Then again I am a dance choreographer and I am very very particular on formations, everything has to be in sync. And I just didn't feel that was a case.

I thought the dream part with the beds could have been 1224343432 times better.

For a country as big as england is, I thought it could have been better. My favourite opening ceremony for a while was Athens and Sydney.

love seeing all the teams that will be there just for the experience, when you see a country with just a few athletes its pretty amazing

So excited to see trampolining, gymnastics and diving.
Trampoline is my main sport and I know the guy personally representing Australia in it.

I somewhat agree with you there. I thought the history part was interesting for a few minutes but it went on for waaaaaay too long! Other than that I thought it was spectacular
I got kind of bored at the beginning, especially the part with the whole Industrial Revolution. Like, I get that it changed the country (and probably the world) & that they had a big part in it, but it seemed like it was such a long transition that I kind of lost interest after a while.

Also, the part with the sick children on the beds with the nurses and doctors was kind of weird. I know that it was representing the NHS, but that seemed to go on forever too. But for some reason, I thought it was kind of funny when all the Mary Poppins' showed up & she "defeated" all the nightmares or whatever that was all that was supposed to be.

I did like the lighting of the Olympic cauldron though, especially with all the younger hopefuls carrying the torch. But I do wish they had decided to raise it up or display it to the public all the time like most previous years.

I enjoyed the opening ceremony. Kind of hard to fit a thousand years of history into 4 hours, but nice job!
The guy that came up with the whole concept (Danny Boyle) went to my old university.
Did many non-Brits get it? I found myself confused by a lot of it and it seemed to be very focused on Britishisms that might not translate well.

Is anyone watching men's qualifications right now??
Such an exciting start in subdivision 1 with GBR coming out on top over China! What a cool start to these home games for them.

Also, as soon as my feed started and I heard a British commentator, I took a major sigh of relief. So glad I don't have to listen to Tim, Elfi, and Al this morning...

Back