All-Star 2012 Videos - V4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

my team didn't compete I was just there watching my gym but I heard multiple complaints about the floor. My team was originally supposed to compete this comp but pulled out. After hearing how bad the floor was i'm kind of glad we didn't compete. I wouldn't expect something like this coming from cheersport.
I was at a Soffee Open competition once and the floor was so slick that I fell on the two steps before my two and a full because my feet slipped out from under me. I didn't get to perform my pass because I fell before it....Our gym had the most touchdowns between all the teams that we have ever had mainly because everyone kept slipping and falling. It was ridiculous. That is not safe!!

So someone pleasseeeeee tell me why Charlotte has not been called on their release move at 2:48? Unless I am horribly mistaken, you cannot begin a flip and have someone let go and have the flyer do another 3/4 flip into a cradle unbraced.

are you talking about the girls who flip from the inverted split to a cradle?

If so, the back spot and one base from the catching group grab her leg before she gets tossed to the inversion. They hold on for most of the flip but kinda let go at the end because the toss is so high. At that point it's a judgement call whether they let go too early or not.

At least thats how I would interpret it.... I'm no expert.

If so, the back spot and one base from the catching group grab her leg before she gets tossed to the inversion. They hold on for most of the flip but kinda let go at the end because the toss is so high. At that point it's a judgement call whether they let go too early or not.

Yeah it seems like the group on the left (their right) holds on a bit longer then the other side. I haven't gone back to watch videos from earlier in the year, but maybe it was just a performance error.

Yeah it seems like the group on the left (their right) holds on a bit longer then the other side. I haven't gone back to watch videos from earlier in the year, but maybe it was just a performance error.
I thought we were talking about the group that is underneath the girl that is flipping and travelling. The group that is just flipping doesnt look like its really being braced.

And i need to rewatch the video, but inverted braced to non inverted doesn't need to be braced at all.

I thought we were talking about the group that is underneath the girl that is flipping and travelling. The group that is just flipping doesnt look like its really being braced.

And i need to rewatch the video, but inverted braced to non inverted doesn't need to be braced at all.
Pretend i wasn't speaking. I see what you are all talking about now.

That is illegal for several reasons actually.
Release moves must return to original bases
Release moves may not intentionally travel.
Free flipping mounts and transitions are not allowed.

Pretend i wasn't speaking. I see what you are all talking about now.

That is illegal for several reasons actually.
Release moves must return to original bases
Release moves may not intentionally travel.
Free flipping mounts and transitions are not allowed.

They are the original bases because they are holding the girl before she flips.

It's not a release because they hold her ankle the whole time (though not in the video but I would count that as a performance error)

They are the original bases because they are holding the girl before she flips.

It's not a release because they hold her ankle the whole time (though not in the video but I would count that as a performance error)
Neither side holds the ankle. They let go of the ankle before she flips. If this was at a competition, i would not have called it a performance error.

I think if the girls in the elevator hold on longer it would be more legal looking if that makes sense =)

It is very cool looking. I like it. But it is illegal according to the rules.

It is very cool looking. I like it. But it is illegal according to the rules.
Thanks Kingston, I guess I was trying to divide the two skills but alas it is still illegal =). I wonder why they have not got hit with a penalty yet?

Thanks Kingston, I guess I was trying to divide the two skills but alas it is still illegal =). I wonder why they have not got hit with a penalty yet?

Remember that not being called illegal at any comp is not proof it is legal. It is one of the most frustrating things about our rules and legality system... and even rules people will admit that aspect is rather frustrating for coaches. It might have been competed at a smaller competition or two with less experienced rules people (they are human afterall). But with the setup at worlds that will get caught in the warmup room.

Back