All-Star 2012 Videos - V4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Remember that not being called illegal at any comp is not proof it is legal. It is one of the most frustrating things about our rules and legality system... and even rules people will admit that aspect is rather frustrating for coaches. It might have been competed at a smaller competition or two with less experienced rules people (they are human afterall). But with the setup at worlds that will get caught in the warmup room.
Oh for sure, I totally agree with what you are saying, I just find it funny that it has not been caught yet. We competed a pyramid all year and got caught in the warm up room at the first all levels and I had to change it before the kids competed so I totally get what you mean, and we had competed at NCA as well that year so it baffles me as to what some judges see and what some don't . =)

Oh for sure, I totally agree with what you are saying, I just find it funny that it has not been caught yet. We competed a pyramid all year and got caught in the warm up room at the first all levels and I had to change it before the kids competed so I totally get what you mean, and we had competed at NCA as well that year so it baffles me as to what some judges see and what some don't . =)

same. competed an element the entire year and had to take it out during warmups at worlds :mad:

From what I can tell from the videos I have seen is Charlotte has been doing this in their pyramid all season. They competed it at 2 NCA competitions, Classic in Atlanta and Nationals in Dallas. So if it is illegal then that is a lot rules people missing it at competitions with is not good. Something like that shouldn't be missed all season.

So someone pleasseeeeee tell me why Charlotte has not been called on their release move at 2:48? Unless I am horribly mistaken, you cannot begin a flip and have someone let go and have the flyer do another 3/4 flip into a cradle unbraced.

the 2 girls in the front touch the flyers foot/leg. (for like a mila sec.)

wouldnt it still make it illegal though?

Pretend i wasn't speaking. I see what you are all talking about now.

That is illegal for several reasons actually.
Release moves must return to original bases
Release moves may not intentionally travel.
Free flipping mounts and transitions are not allowed.

From looking at the transition in question...they're going from inverted to non-inverted and the backspots that catch each flip grabbed the flyer before the initiation of the flip making them original bases.

Back