All-Star 2012 Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

because anything after 36 starts looking way to crowded IMO.

But shouldnt that be a call the gym owner and choreographer? Not a rules committee? And if you can't choreograph well to make it not look crowded you choose to limit yourself. Or why not bump it to 40?

Ok, just to make sure my intent is clear on this subject...
@StarshipTrooper -- I personally hope CEA and F5 and SS all field a medium sized team and keep that division deep. I don't want to see any team win just because the division has no "big names" in it. But if that has to happen for a year or two to prove a point, then let it be so...

why not? so your saying that big name gyms are the only ones allowed to win big titles?

why not? so your saying that big name gyms are the only ones allowed to win big titles?

Huh? She never said that! She just said she doesn't want smaller names to win ONLY because no big name gyms were in there. I think other gyms DO have a chance against those teams if they all go medium. She never said anything about only big name gyms can win titles. Just sayin.

No, someone earlier in this thread said the medium division was going to be dumb because the "Big 3" would stay large thus giving an underdog team an easy win at worlds. I don't want to see a team win worlds just because the USASF insists on making baby steps towards the eventual goal by ADDING a division rather than just cutting the large division size to 30 from the get go. Let's be real, without one of the "Big 3" really messing up, there is no other team in large senior right now that could beat them without changing divisions next year and going medium. That's what I was trying to say.

No, someone earlier in this thread said the medium division was going to be dumb because the "Big 3" would stay large thus giving an underdog team an easy win at worlds. I don't want to see a team win worlds just because the USASF insists on making baby steps towards the eventual goal by ADDING a division rather than just cutting the large division size to 30 from the get go. Let's be real, without one of the "Big 3" really messing up, there is no other team in large senior right now that could beat them without changing divisions next year and going medium. That's what I was trying to say.
I feel the same way.

I think the point spread between 3rd and 4th is going to be drastic and we will see a lot of teams drop out of large and go to medium. Especially ones that already don't have team skills as it is. It will be easier for them to max out with 6 less girls.

But shouldnt that be a call the gym owner and choreographer? Not a rules committee? And if you can't choreograph well to make it not look crowded you choose to limit yourself. Or why not bump it to 40?

But isn't this the whole argument of medium, were doing this to make more competition and to help outsiders understand out sport, how are they going to understand teams in the same division with 36 and 70? I sure wouldn't, i would think it was stupid and unfair and change the channel haha. But anyone can understand 36 vs 36 or 20 vs 20 or 30 vs 30.

But isn't this the whole argument of medium, were doing this to make more competition and to help outsiders understand out sport, how are they going to understand teams in the same division with 36 and 70? I sure wouldn't, i would think it was stupid and unfair and change the channel haha. But anyone can understand 36 vs 36 or 20 vs 20 or 30 vs 30.

I think you're missing the point...

I think you're missing the point...

Then would you care to explain? I understand the reason being medium, i really do, we do need more teams willing to compete and step up, but it's like ive said all along, there will be teams who tread carefully into the new division, but once large senior dies, and those large world champion teams move into medium, i truly believe that competition will be scared right back into senior open 5. I understand what kingston is saying about how it should be up to the coaches to chose their teams and how many people can be on that team, i agree with that, but if we want to expand our sport we certainly can't go without rules with numbers, if we did we would wind up wih this team of 50 vs team of 34 in large senior, how in the world would ANYONE be able to figure that out if they weren't involved in the cheer community? I would for one be very confused if i turned on the tv and saw a basketball team with 30 players on the court and the other team with ten? I think anyone would. With all of that said, im not sure what else there is to say about this?

Then would you care to explain? I understand the reason being medium, i really do, we do need more teams willing to compete and step up, but it's like ive said all along, there will be teams who tread carefully into the new division, but once large senior dies, and those large world champion teams move into medium, i truly believe that competition will be scared right back into senior open 5. I understand what kingston is saying about how it should be up to the coaches to chose their teams and how many people can be on that team, i agree with that, but if we want to expand our sport we certainly can't go without rules with numbers, if we did we would wind up wih this team of 50 vs team of 34 in large senior, how in the world would ANYONE be able to figure that out if they weren't involved in the cheer community? I would for one be very confused if i turned on the tv and saw a basketball team with 30 players on the court and the other team with ten? I think anyone would. With all of that said, im not sure what else there is to say about this?

Kingston is NOT in favor of having an unlimited number of kids on the floor. At least from all of his posts over the months I don't believe he is (just don't want to put words in your mouth Kingston). Your first post I read it as you thought he WAS in favor of unlimited numbers. I was just making sure you knew he was being sarcastic when he said why not have 70 on the floor.

Maybe this will clear it up. I think there should be only two divisions, small and large at 20 and 30. But the argument for 36 has been people need enough places for athletes to help their gym stay profitable. I ask anyone who is for 36 to tell me why it should be 36 and NOT 40 or unlimited. Why should we cap divisions? Why should we not push the limit up to 40.

I am curious to hear the argument against more than 36, but staying right at 36. If we started a campaign to push large to 40 or unlimited people on the floor what is the argument to NOT do that.

(I ask if you are a person for large going to 30 that you don't state your case... I already agree with you).

Kingston is NOT in favor of having an unlimited number of kids on the floor. At least from all of his posts over the months I don't believe he is (just don't want to put words in your mouth Kingston). Your first post I read it as you thought he WAS in favor of unlimited numbers. I was just making sure you knew he was being sarcastic when he said why not have 70 on the floor.

oh ok, haha that's what i was trying to point out in my post, that we need those rules on numbers and what not, that's all :)

Maybe this will clear it up. I think there should be only two divisions, small and large at 20 and 30. But the argument for 36 has been people need enough places for athletes to help their gym stay profitable. I ask anyone who is for 36 to tell me why it should be 36 and NOT 40 or unlimited. Why should we cap divisions? Why should we not push the limit up to 40.

I am curious to hear the argument against more than 36, but staying right at 36. If we started a campaign to push large to 40 or unlimited people on the floor what is the argument to NOT do that.

(I ask if you are a person for large going to 30 that you don't state your case... I already agree with you).

ok, better understood now, i thought you had gone a tad bit crazy when i thought you were saying YOU wanted it that way now haha, to reply with this, im not in favor of the whole 30 thing just yet, im sure ill get used to it though like all the other changes through the years, but i always felt anything above 36 would 1. be to crowded as stated previously and 2. most gyms wouldnt be able to field them, even some of the large senior teams today. And i feel like the 36 was put into place to keep teams with 70 people from competiting with a team of 30, which was needed, because thats just regressing our sport to go back to an uncapped number of people. We need these rules so people don't laugh at us pretty much, because we arn't the only ones who need to understand the rules if we want to be taken seriously as a sport.

Back