All-Star 2012 Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would be surprised if one of the big three of Large Senior dropped to medium for 2012 worlds, maybe later in the future when it becomes a popular level. Im sure alot of teams in small that have the potential might move up, just because that is such a competitive level. I think the top 3 in Large will stay because they like the challenge and the satisfaction of beating one another at any competition is like winning a mini war.

I would be surprised if one of the big three of Large Senior dropped to medium for 2012 worlds, maybe later in the future when it becomes a popular level. Im sure alot of teams in small that have the potential might move up, just because that is such a competitive level. I think the top 3 in Large will stay because they like the challenge and the satisfaction of beating one another at any competition is like winning a mini war.
Or 1 might move to win the free rings and globes...

Or 1 might move to win the free rings and globes...

Not to sound like I am hating, but I am sure a lot of teams that moved from unlimted to semi thought their would be free rings and globes around. ACE has shown there is no free ride, atm. Some perennial heavy weights have also not done as well as they probably had hoped. What does this mean exactly? When you get the division right... when the numbers line up correctly... there are a tone of teams and ton on competition and it isn't easy to win.

In keeping with the theme of making the smallest divisions smaller..... The USASF has announced that there will be Youth Level 5 semi restricted. The goal is to have one team in each divsion and everyone wins!!!!

That will be a lot like Large Senior... I think a natural evolution that will get us to where we want to be. One year of too many to help us get where we want to be.

Not to sound like I am hating, but I am sure a lot of teams that moved from unlimted to semi thought their would be free rings and globes around. ACE has shown there is no free ride, atm. Some perennial heavy weights have also not done as well as they probably had hoped. What does this mean exactly? When you get the division right... when the numbers line up correctly... there are a tone of teams and ton on competition and it isn't easy to win.
but a difference is thats coed and it was an already existing division, so ie, top gun was dominant cuz they had 24 sick nasty guys, but as they drop to medium they lose 12 of those guys and fill in with girls. all girl, its the same amount but with extra fill ins to fill up the division like u said before, so coed vs all girl is big in the sense u were talking.
Also Medium was already a worlds divison last year, so thus those teams r familiar with it knew what to do to stay on top and how to manage with half the amount of guys.. All girl is once again all girl so its the same just minus 6 ppl. so thus the fillins would just get shaved off vs guys getting shaved off.

but a difference is thats coed and it was an already existing division, so ie, top gun was dominant cuz they had 24 sick nasty guys, but as they drop to medium they lose 12 of those guys and fill in with girls. all girl, its the same amount but with extra fill ins to fill up the division like u said before, so coed vs all girl is big in the sense u were talking.
Also Medium was already a worlds divison last year, so thus those teams r familiar with it knew what to do to stay on top and how to manage with half the amount of guys.. All girl is once again all girl so its the same just minus 6 ppl. so thus the fillins would just get shaved off vs guys getting shaved off.

But per your earlier argument teams are putting in girls who to get to 36 but may not have the skills. This will make them more competitive via your argument. I think I see a lot of opportunity for Marlins, Poison, Fame, ... a ton of teams. Ive said all along the big 3 can keep Large. Heck lock EVERYONE out of it and only have those three. They can compete against just themselves all year long and battle it out and enjoy their large senior thing. the rest of the cheer world can finally move on and have 30 teams in divisions again.

WOW!!

That was quick!! So I'm really hoping what King and Les are predicting is going to come true with Level 5 teams max size as well as the youth 5 division. I really hope that after this year youth 5, and Large Senior 5(31-36) are so small that it proves that the divisions should be elminated. I would love to see for the 2012-2013 the following worlds divsions

Small Senior - 6-20 No Males
Large Senior - 21-30 No Males
Small Coed - 6-20 up to 4 Males
Medium coed - 21-30 up to 6 Males
Large Coed - 6-30 up to 15 Males

I think this would field 5 extremely competive Worlds divisions. All 3 large divions would probably have 4-6 teams completely capable of winning Worlds with the limit on maximum size and number of boys.

On a side note, the argument of having an equal number of All-Girl and Coed divisions (3 and 3) doesn't really seem logical to me. Lets line up the 6 current divisions with 1 team from each.

Small Senior - 20 Girls, 0 Boys
Medium Senior - 30 Girls, 0 Boys
Large Senior - 36 Girls, 0 Boys
Small Coed - 16 Girls, 4 Boys
Medium Coed - 24 Girls, 6 Boys
Large Coed - 18 Girls, 18 Boys

The total of this is:
144 Girls
28 Boys

There is still a majority of Girls being used in the coed divisions so i think its absolutely fine to have only 2 All-Girl divisions and 3 Coed Divisions.

Lastly, thanks USASF (whoever you are) for the quick update.

Ja-Mez

Tribe Chiefs NWSU!! 7:11pm​

WOW!!​

That was quick!! So I'm really hoping what King and Les are predicting is going to come true with Level 5 teams max size as well as the youth 5 division. I really hope that after this year youth 5, and Large Senior 5(31-36) are so small that it proves that the divisions should be elminated. I would love to see for the 2012-2013 the following worlds divsions​

Small Senior - 6-20 No Males​
Large Senior - 21-30 No Males​
Small Coed - 6-20 up to 4 Males​
Medium coed - 21-30 up to 6 Males​
Large Coed - 6-30 up to 15 Males​

I think this would field 5 extremely competive Worlds divisions. All 3 large divions would probably have 4-6 teams completely capable of winning Worlds with the limit on maximum size and number of boys.​

On a side note, the argument of having an equal number of All-Girl and Coed divisions (3 and 3) doesn't really seem logical to me. Lets line up the 6 current divisions with 1 team from each.​

Small Senior - 20 Girls, 0 Boys​
Medium Senior - 30 Girls, 0 Boys​
Large Senior - 36 Girls, 0 Boys​
Small Coed - 16 Girls, 4 Boys​
Medium Coed - 24 Girls, 6 Boys​
Large Coed - 18 Girls, 18 Boys​

The total of this is:​
144 Girls​
28 Boys​

There is still a majority of Girls being used in the coed divisions so i think its absolutely fine to have only 2 All-Girl divisions and 3 Coed Divisions.​

Lastly, thanks USASF (whoever you are) for the quick update.​

Ja-Mez​

Tribe Chiefs NWSU!! 7:11pm​

When you line up Small, Medium, and Large Senior its easy to see how silly Large senior is. 20-30 for Medium... but then 31-36 for large. REALLY narrows the roster for large doesnt it?

And if most from large moves to medium- so will eventually SS, F5, FCA and CEA. And I would suspect some small may feel more comfortable going medium ( getting that competitive large team is so hard) but then at least there will be more competition in that division and it will even everything out a bit. Look at the difference between small and large at Worlds- 70 teams vs 17 teams in each division. That is a crazy difference. If anything- it may hurt the number of senior open teams if a small could go medium, leaving that level sparse.

I can see teams like FCA & Marlins doing EXTREMELY well in this division. I'm looking forward to see how teams do end up changing or staying the same.

But per your earlier argument teams are putting in girls who to get to 36 but may not have the skills. This will make them more competitive via your argument. I think I see a lot of opportunity for Marlins, Poison, Fame, ... a ton of teams. Ive said all along the big 3 can keep Large. Heck lock EVERYONE out of it and only have those three. They can compete against just themselves all year long and battle it out and enjoy their large senior thing. the rest of the cheer world can finally move on and have 30 teams in divisions again.

but lets take 1 big 3 team and one of the teams uve mentioned. say wcss moves to medium, they could shave off 6 girls, (maybe 6 girls wihtout doubles) means they may have 28 doubles/30 in medium, while some teams u mentioned dont even have full team fulls or close. so pretty much itll be easier for teams without the necessary skills to get a globe when they dont really arent a globe caliber team... its just a shame.... they should just keep it to 1 bigger all girl, either medium or large. cuz this is absolutely pointless, and with 3 big names, out of 6 possible globes spots, 3 other teams may not be globe caliber teams but still win a globe...

Back