All-Star 2012 Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would be surprised if one of the big three of Large Senior dropped to medium for 2012 worlds, maybe later in the future when it becomes a popular level. Im sure alot of teams in small that have the potential might move up, just because that is such a competitive level. I think the top 3 in Large will stay because they like the challenge and the satisfaction of beating one another at any competition is like winning a mini war.

I agree. If anything I imagine them field Medium All Girl teams as well, especially CEA.

@StarshipTrooper how does the implementation of a medium sr division increase large senior big 3 to big 5 or 6?

Some gyms and teams may want to participate in the Large Division and move to it. I hope Cali does and CA comes back home where they belong. Who knows? But to rejoice at the death of Large Senior All Girl is like painting a Wyland Mural on Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel and screaming "save the whales". The 36 athlete divisions, represent the very best expression of the art of cheer. If it were easy, there would be more in the division as they have remained the highest of profile due to that very point. Through the years, the very best routines, the ones that made your heart skip were done by the staffs at TG, CA, WC, Rays, GA, Cali, SOT, CEA and all the other great routines and gyms I'm leaving off (sorry if I slighted someone) . If the market kills the division, so be it, but don't rejoice, because cheer is losing the highest expression of the sport. Now, I'm obviously playing Devil's Advocate to irritate King and McLovin a bit, and I do think they feel like what they are promoting is best, I just think they are wrong.

I feel that it would be a completely good and different story if medium was 28 vs 30, 30 is such an akward number... 7 stunts with 2 w/e?

I'm excited to see what this division brings. Though there are two sides to every coin, I think this may be a very good change. :)

The question is, which of the medium-dogs will STAY large on the chance that NOT all 3 big dogs will hit at Worlds? There's your globe? Maybe!

Some gyms and teams may want to participate in the Large Division and move to it. I hope Cali does and CA comes back home where they belong. Who knows? But to rejoice at the death of Large Senior All Girl is like painting a Wyland Mural on Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel and screaming "save the whales". The 36 athlete divisions, represent the very best expression of the art of cheer. If it were easy, there would be more in the division as they have remained the highest of profile due to that very point. Through the years, the very best routines, the ones that made your heart skip were done by the staffs at TG, CA, WC, Rays, GA, Cali, SOT, CEA and all the other great routines and gyms I'm leaving off (sorry if I slighted someone) . If the market kills the division, so be it, but don't rejoice, because cheer is losing the highest expression of the sport. Now, I'm obviously playing Devil's Advocate to irritate King and McLovin a bit, and I do think they feel like what they are promoting is best, I just think they are wrong.

Just to be clear, I don't celebrate the eventual death of large senior because I think (or want) large teams from CEA, WCSS, or F5 to go away. It is because I think divisions with so few teams are silly. What Ja-Mez wrote as the eventual divisions, which is where I think we will get one day and now give people a nicotine patch to stair step down to 30, is the best thing so that there is large amounts of competition per division. The more teams in divisions, the more the outside world can look at cheer and think, oh large is 30 and small is 20.. that kinda makes sense, the better for all of us. Those three will be in 30 along with a TON more teams. As many teams in Large(30) as Small (pipe dream, I know). But I don't think it will happen until we get there for everyone to understand. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. But I do take it strong sign that medium will be insanely popular just by general consensus of the board. It isn't 100% accurate, but a good poll, as you will.

And, I know its a difference in opinion, but to me 20 is the ultimate express of cheer artistry. There is no room for mistakes in small senior and still win. Is it a tooth and nail fight to perfection with a ton of pressure where everyone has to be doing their job for 2:30.

We wont hold him to it, but I think @BlueCat panthers would go medium if it existed. I miss them in larger than small, hah.

And, I know its a difference in opinion, but to me 20 is the ultimate express of cheer artistry. There is no room for mistakes in small senior and still win. Is it a tooth and nail fight to perfection with a ton of pressure where everyone has to be doing their job for 2:30.

I'm shocked. I say it is harder and more impressive to reach that goal with 36.

I think more small teams will become medium and large teams wont see that big of a decrease. I think this is a good idea seeing as how with the progression of all star cheerleading, athletes have started younger and are now reaching the worlds eligible age, and so now small teams without enough people to go large can put these use them to make a medium team
I look forward to next years competition season.

I don't understand the point in elongating the death of large senior. What's the point in having a 3 team division for a year? Seems like they should have just cut large down to 30 and gotten it over with instead of creating a new division.

more breathing time on large teams, IE standing and running tumbling, while other ppl r tumbling. and considering out of the big 3 some ppl dont evne have jumps to back and fulls

Again, I disagree. But it really is ok that you see it another way. However, I'm not actively promoting an agenda that admittedly could "kill small senior". So, the way you and I feel about which is the best expression of cheer is a moot point, a red herring. I was using that opinion because I was explaining how I feel about the changes and ramifications, not trying to convince you to change your mind. I like a more live and let live philosophy.

Back