All-Star 2013 Cheer Extreme Showcase......come Be A Vip!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Kernersville They are called the fireflies!
Awww that was what they used to call the Mini 2 team my daughter used to cheer on! In fact, I have a sports bra that the team "practice wear" and you're more than welcome to have it if you're daughter is on that team!

Yeah. THIS.

This is where bias comes in. Say it's messy. That's true, it's October. But I guarantee for some posters, if you swapped out those exact girls with F5/Stars (I leave out Panthers because they don't get all that whiny lol), would scream to the heavens about how awesomely fantabulous it is.

Also. Everyone compare this:

With this:

I agree with the poster who said the people around the edges might also make it look messier/busier. Most teams now have a very white-based uniform, so it seems like there are more people around or on the floor due to your eye being drawn to all the white. It has a hard time differentiating.

That was me! And thanks for the all the new video hits, lol! ;)

No one eats my casserole!
no? i'm the only one that remembers that because it's all that comes to mind when i see spelling/grammar issues... :oops:

Nope, still here, still thinking of it everytime! :D

10 Words You Need to Stop Misspelling - The Oatmeal

By the way, being so much on websites with native english speakers has mainly benefits but so many people are misspelling they're, their and there that it has almost stopped coming naturally to me (We were drilled in english lessons to never ever make a mistake there and it used to be something I never had to think about)! :eek: :rolleyes:

Plenty does not equal "everyone and their brother" :rolleyes:

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

"Everyone and their brother" is just a saying, a figure of speech. And a very common one at that, used correctly in this case. It's not a literal phrse! Like when I say I have "mountains" of homework - I don't literally have a few thousand feet high of homework. It's just a way of saying "a whole lot of people".

I was just saying last night how "everyone and their mother" has some kind of food allergy now - not one of the 9 people there thought I actually meant them. I just meant a whole big bunch of people have allergies now, so we can't have any good halloween candy at work. This is how metaphors, figures of speech, and hyperbole work - don't take it so literally!

"Everyone and their brother" is just a saying, a figure of speech. And a very common one at that, used correctly in this case. It's not a literal phrse! Like when I say I have "mountains" of homework - I don't literally have a few thousand feet high of homework. It's just a way of saying "a whole lot of people".

I was just saying last night how "everyone and their mother" has some kind of food allergy now - not one of the 9 people there thought I actually meant them. I just meant a whole big bunch of people have allergies now, so we can't have any good halloween candy at work. This is how metaphors, figures of speech, and hyperbole work - don't take it so literally!

I simply ADORE that fact that whenever you post, your punctuation is spot on! Someone is highly educated and I love it!!!! LOL

Last edited:
Thank you for your honest and candidly respectful answer. See I can totally relate to that. It's exactly the way I felt after our performance and I should because I know and love those girls. I think as a spectator the biggest part of what makes a program's routine hit you in the heart or not is that emotional connection with the vibe on the floor in person and the their music. It happened when SS used the cuts of music from past years routines and I felt a connection with the routine and music because I had watched and admired those routines in year's past as my Big Bit battled them in this division.

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to explain.......

Also want to add that my whole section (which seemed to be a good mixture of CEA family, general LAG fans/cheered for every team, and WC fans/family. I also think we were in the same section based on another post you made about the paper crowns project on Saturday morning. LOL) and the whole section was up on their feet cheer for Kelsey to land that last LAG allstar pass.......to me that's really what this cheer thing is all about. Like your compliment above......it's ok to appreciate certain elements from all these routines.
You brought up a wonderful memory just now of Kelsey hitting that pass!!! That is truly what cheer is/should be about for these athletes. You never know where you are gonna end up and some of these athletes may end up together on different teams/schools etc.
We can argue all day about the scoring of Worlds 2013, but IMO the placements were pretty on spot. Stars looked amazing day 2 and it was a culmination of a season that was very different than 2012. I still believe the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy affected them in the beginning of the season and they had to really make up lost time.
I am soooo ready for the new season and KNOW that LAG will have another exciting year with some new teams bringing more to this division.

I simply ADORE that fact that whenever you post, your punctuation is spot on! Someone is highly education and I love it!!!! LOL

:D:D:D Lol! Your post just made my day (sweet - it's only 7:10am and I'm already all set for the day!)

I grew up in a generation where we couldn't turn in something for MATH class if it had a grammar error, let alone English class. It's been drilled into me from a very young age. I guess grammar isn't something that's taught in schools anymore; it's a dying art, like calligraphy. :D

Sn: in honor of msteal's birthday I'll say something nice: I think SE really is tops when it comes to creativity. I do actually really like watching their stunts and pyramids every year. :)

it doesnt have to be correct, it was an observation, and yes their were plenty of people who thought f5 was going to win in 2012, im not exaggerating that fact. and im not a him.... :rolleyes:

Maybe you can help me out with something I would like to understand better. If my team goes into worlds and has deductions then I know they're probably not going to win and they don't deserve to. So how do you feel f5 should have won in 2012 with all the deductions they had? I'm not being sarcastic I'd genuinely like to know what the reasoning behind this is.

Back