OT 2014 Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jan 27, 2010
The Olympics started a few hours ago! Is anybody else out there super excited like me? I'm already loving the addition of team figure skating. Great way for the athletes to compete together and add some support and team spirit to a very individual sport.

Oh and I'm sure there will eventually be spoilers in here, so if you like to watch the primetime coverage, maybe skip this thread for a while!

The Fierce Board App!

extremely excited for team USA!!

but like @cheermus says, I am nervous as well and hope that everyone from all countries stays safe during the games!

I've been excited since summer, I can't believe it's finally here! I told my room mates that I call the common room TV for the entire month of February. (And then March for March Madness.) :p

I love to watch the Olympics! Also love that it is in Europe this year, so I don't have to stay up all night to watch it ;) Today I watched mogul skiing and figure skating.

I don't really get all that interested in the Winter Olympics. I have a hard time getting into the sports because it looks so cold. I primarily only follow ice skating (but not ice dancing ) because it's my winter equivalent for gymnastics. And then I watch some of the ice racing stuff whatever that's called

The summer Olympics are everything tho.

However one of my friends is in Sochi covering the Olympics as a reporter for Hearst/NBC so I have been having fun following his blog

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I thought people might find this interesting - it shows how Aussies train for the Olympics when we have limited snow, and it's summer here!
One of the Olympians trains for her event in a nearby lake to me :)

Any word on the girl carried off the slopes today? I can't find anything on the net about her ...

Any word on the girl carried off the slopes today? I can't find anything on the net about her ...

Was it the woman carried off on the moguls?

Moguls skier Heidi Kloser injures knee during training

Or the one carried off the slopestyle course?

Sochi's slopestyle course questioned again after Shaun White and another snowboarder sustain injuries | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo Sports

I watched the slopestyle qualifiers last night - that is insane! Having 2 kids who have learned to snowboard in the past 3 years, I can appreciate the difficulty of this event even more. The Canadian who competed with a broken rib? I can't even imagine.

From what I have been seeing and reading about the Sochi accomodations, they are simply horrific on so many levels. Unfinished and unsafe. How could the Olympic Committee not oversee this better?
Sochi Visitors Report Hotel Horrors, Dangerous Conditions - ABC News
Is Sochi ready for the Winter Olympics? - CNN.com

Back