All-Star 2015 Worlds Packet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

- You must now be a legal resident of the country your gym is located in. No tourist visa for you.

Hm. Wonder if this is messing anyone up that is already on a team here in the US. No clue how long that paperwork takes to go through or even how that works.

You must now be a legal resident of the country your gym is located in

This is going to hurt A LOT of athletes..

I know from Athletes I follow on instagram that there are some former Ice Queens competing on Lady Bullets and Black Ops, of course Dylan on Coed Elite, and not to mention the entire Viqueens stunt group who is going to be on Cali Sexy Six. I wonder how this will be addressed..I'm sure there are more Athletes than that who are going to struggle with this.

Hmmm...this is something that could impact athletes in my area, too. We had local kids drive to Canada last year to cheer on Worlds teams. I'm sure there are people who live near the border, who also choose to cross to Canada for cheer.

Hmmm what does that mean for kids who are already on teams in the US? Like Dylan on coed elite? (He was on the web show so I feel like he can be named)
Seems like they should announce this before the season starts, not halfway through...
Seriously - if this is in fact true I just have no words. It's freaking December and USASF is making up new rules. Now USASF wants to screw over athletes who came from another country and spring a rule change on them???
And to bring up my other favorite USASF rule (sarcasm font on), the release date has passed. So if a gym wanted to play hardball these kids couldn't even go back to their home countries and compete at Worlds.

Why is the must-be-from-your-gym's-country thing a rule? Who came up with that? I don't recall seeing that on the voting slate.

3243965-3qmbyf.jpg

Seriously - if this is in fact true I just have no words. It's freaking December and USASF is making up new rules. Now USASF wants to screw over athletes who came from another country and spring a rule change on them???
And to bring up my other favorite USASF rule (sarcasm font on), the release date has passed. So if a gym wanted to play hardball these kids couldn't even go back to their home countries and compete at Worlds.
That's what I thought of first too. Of course, I doubt that any gyms would refuse to release athletes, since it's not really their fault, but the logic is incredibly flawed. "Let's make a rule so that people aren't leaving gyms and making them redo routines mid year and such, but then let's make a rule mid season that forces them to change the roster and redo their routine against ANYONES will."
Also - teams already have bids. They only get limited roster changes before worlds, and this is going to force some teams to use them up on people that they shouldn't have to. That's not fair...
I'm not even at a gym with a worlds team or from outside the U.S. and this rule infuriates me.

There's atleast 3 Viqueens, who call seem to have been from/seem to be in a stunt group, competing for Cali's new IO6 called 'Sexy Six'...not saying I agree with the name, I don't.

Thanks I really need to stay better informed :)

Worlds isn't about country-v-country. It is team-v-team or gym-v-gym. If you are into the country thing, there is a whole event designed specifically for that - ICU.

This seems like yet another rule designed to limit an athlete's option to leave a gym/team. Perhaps the countries where some of the best athletes were leaving thought this would help them keep their kids on their teams. While I understand the intentions of this rule, the unfairness and timing of it really frustrate me. Instead of relying on legislation to shield you from competition, run your business/team/practices better.

This is going to hurt A LOT of athletes..

I know from Athletes I follow on instagram that there are some former Ice Queens competing on Lady Bullets and Black Ops, of course Dylan on Coed Elite, and not to mention the entire Viqueens stunt group who is going to be on Cali Sexy Six. I wonder how this will be addressed..I'm sure there are more Athletes than that who are going to struggle with this.

I apologize for the off subject question but is that really their name?

Like for real for real....I read what you said above so I know this is new to you too..but I just can't believe this name is okay with any gym ... any team .. anywhere.

Back