All-Star 2015 Worlds Packet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Except when you're talking about athletes who live in states near a border. There are athletes (or were last year) who drove to Canada just for practices. You could live in northern Washington state and the nearest Worlds team would be in Vancouver, BC (I think that would be the closest, anyway).

Oh I didn't think about that! This rule will surely affect them.

So......that's a great point I hadn't considered. Could it be that the rule wasn't generated by any of the US program's complaining about each other but possibly the US gyms that border Canada complaining because of the number of athletes that cross that border to compete with Canadian teams?

One thing I don't understand is, the kids that are already here internationally, competing on teams, and even old enough to go to school or hold some type of job, isn't that considered to be legal? I stand to be corrected but if you have a visa card, green card, whatever you want to call it, that makes you legal. Why do this in the middle of the season where many gyms are going to be affected by it.

Sorry for the double post but, have you guys considered that this might have been for next season and they just want gyms to start thinking about it this season? I just can't wrap my finger around as to why they'd make such a huge in the middle of the season like this. It takes a long time to get those things. It doesn't happen over night.

a38864b775f696d7031118420b45fbcb.jpg

NEW: Athletes must be legal residents or legal student residents of the country indicated by their team’s location/address.

So here's my question... What constitutes "legal student residents?" Enrolled in an online school in that country? Part time/full time student?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except when you're talking about athletes who live in states near a border. There are athletes (or were last year) who drove to Canada just for practices. You could live in northern Washington state and the nearest Worlds team would be in Vancouver, BC (I think that would be the closest, anyway).
I believe VAS is 1 1/2 hours away from me, and South Elite about the same time with traffic, It would almost be more efficient for me to go to Canada to cheer than attempt to go through seattle traffic. People who live in Bellingham/towards NW Silverstars area, it would be MUCH easier to go to Canada for level 5...

This rule is dumb and is going to basically screw over a bunch of teams...if that was their intentions, way to go USASF for causing unneeded drama in the middle of the season

How do you make these changes in December!? Goodness.

This whole situation reminds me of this video:

The US border is a heck of a lot more complicated than it seems!

That was really fun to watch. The border is so weird. I've kayaked between Canada and the US a couple of times in the Thousand Islands in upstate NY. Here's a pic (The US is on the left, Canada's on the right.)

2ed8185be9266eaab6d28df99372c075.jpg

Being there is a super rad feeling. You could also cross the border very easily there...

How do you make these changes in December!? Goodness.

This whole situation reminds me of this video:

The US border is a heck of a lot more complicated than it seems!

I really liked that. Lol! Also, I think it shows that Vancouver Allstars are practically in the US anyway, so they should be an exception to the rule. Maybe other Vancouver gyms, too. ;)

Anyone else remember when USASF came out with the no standing full rule and we all thought it was insanely stupid?
Well that's how I feel now.

Maybe they'll take back the country rule and put it in place for next year. Maybe they just wanted to get the angry people revolting out of the way.

The name though :eek:
Not sure how official the name was but TG's open 6 team several years ago had "sexy six" mentioned in their music a few times like it was their name (one of my favorite mixes). Not saying I agree with it, but this isn't the first time it's been used.

I just realized that this not only applies to US gyms but also to every other gym, right? Does the USASF even realize how close everything in Europe is? For most people the closest worlds team will be in another country (or 2 or 3 over)... I don't know if people currently cross borders for a worlds team, but I do know that people do that to cheer.
Dear USASF: please use a map and think through your rules before publishing them! There are a lot of other legal ways to cheer with a gym in a foreign country other than being a legal resident or being there on a student visa (has the USASF ever heard of people working in a foreign country on a work visa for example?)

Back