All-Star 2021 Worlds - Day 2 Discussion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In every single judging course i've ever done they've said some iteration of: "If you're questioning something yourself, err on the side of the team" - so I wouldn't take anything for that. It's really about consistency, you can be a stickler or fairly lenient but you have to judge it the same way throughout

ETA: he makes contact with the ground with both feet before rolling to his back in a controlled manner for his motion, that to me is a completed skill with motion - whether that's actually choreographed or not doesn't really matter in my eyes

Yeah by “choreographed” I just mean, “Can we argue he was supposed to roll backward and that it wasn’t a mistake?” and playing on the “If you mess up just keep going because the judges won’t necessarily know if you made a mistake” strategy.

An intentional whip-double to your back shouldn't be allowed. There should be something in the rules about tumbling passes having to land upright. Otherwise a lot of people could claim their busts were choreographed lol.

Yeah I was just going to say in my last post: no rollbacks/forward rolls after tumbling. It needs to be clear you stuck the landing.

I cannot believe worlds weekend is almost over! Only one more day. I cannot wait to spend tomorrow with you lovely people

Yeah by “choreographed” I just mean, “Can we argue he was supposed to roll backward and that it wasn’t a mistake?” and playing on the “If you mess up just keep going because the judges won’t necessarily know if you made a mistake” strategy.

I feel like whatever the judges decided, even if it was challenged it wouldn't be reversed. It's one of those things. Oh I definitely know what you're getting at, it was smoooooooth thinking by that guy - possibly just helped his team globe by playing it cool!

I've seen kids post that they went NT6 even though they could tumble because:

1. They lost tumbling to a block.
2. They have an injury that makes tumbling really hard.
3. Tumbling is making an existing injury worse but they still want to cheer.
or like me, I retired 8 years ago and miss it way too much so when cheer opens back up in Ontario will be trying out for a non-tumbling team, because there is no way I could tumble again!

I feel like whatever the judges decided, even if it was challenged it wouldn't be reversed. It's one of those things. Oh I definitely know what you're getting at, it was smoooooooth thinking by that guy - possibly just helped his team globe by playing it cool!

Yeah it was incredibly smooth. You can see his wheels turning when he’s on the ground lol.

Back