All-Star 2021 Worlds - Day 3 Discussion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Unrelated but it looks like Andy’s YouTube page was once again copyright struck by Flo. How can they even claim copyright?

This will be the question I will never understand the answer to ....... because there isn’t one ....... everything that goes into routines , the gym the kids , the music the choreography ..... NONE of it belongs to them ..... they do it because they can ! Nobody has the billions to fight them on it and it’s disgusting!!!
Poor Andy!!!

I will never understand how Flo even owns showcase videos.

Filmed in the gym.

By the parents.

And coaches.

Of routines that are someone else's choreo.

Not choreo they own.

Someone explain. Like I am 5 really slowly.

I will never understand how Flo even owns showcase videos.

Filmed in the gym.

By the parents.

And coaches.

Of routines that are someone else's choreo.

Not choreo they own.

Someone explain. Like I am 5 really slowly.
Easy, they don't.

The Flo/Varsity video scenario is incredibly frustrating. I still don't understand the legal system where a large company can argue that images of a California All Star (minor) athlete, on a California All Star team, in a California All Star uniform, performing a routine choreographed by a California All Star choreographer, coached by a California All Star coach, performed to music purchased by California All Stars, performing in a event the California All Stars paid to attend - are owned and controlled by Varsity/Flo because they rented the building that day. I have had legal types explain it to me, but it feels fundamentally wrong.

Didn't Flo copyright strike Stingrays' showcase videos as their own on Youtube?

Yes. It has happened with I think Cali and TG as well. I am not sure how JTV avoids Flo's wrath with CEA videos. I know he previously got around it with not having their music or full routines?

Random question alert!

Once upon a time in the 99/2000s/early 2010s all star gyms had dance teams. I swear.

I have clear memories of TG, CA, CEA, CheerTyme and some others having dance programs and some were going to Dance Worlds.

Question: DO THEY HAVE THESE ANYMORE?

Or is dance worlds mostly studios and dance programs now?

Random question alert!

Once upon a time in the 99/2000s/early 2010s all star gyms had dance teams. I swear.

I have clear memories of TG, CA, CEA, CheerTyme and some others having dance programs and some were going to Dance Worlds.

TG hip hop team won worlds on Friday

Random question alert!

midwest and ECE are the 2 gyms I remember .

midwest and ECE are the 2 gyms I remember .

I mentioned this to someone I used to coach with who is in her mid-20s andshe looked at me like "Sure, grandma. Don't forget to take your pills." I knew I wasn't crazy.

This is the same person I mentioned solos to and she was like "I think you're lying."

Something I just realized. CrewKatz was a Dance Athletics team that won worlds in 2012. LadyKatz also won Worlds that year. Now the reincarnations of those names, Crewcats and Ladycats, both won this year.

When a team who scored half of your score with more than 15 points in deductions but scores/places better than u in stunts....something is wrong!!!!

I don't know much about scoring but from what I saw a few coaches were complaining about dance scores and how drastically different they were from day 1 to day 2. And a few stunting complaints here and there from some teams after day 2 scores.... I do wish day one scores had some impact, cause again what's the point of a day one.... but overall I found almost all of the top 3 placements in every division pretty fair this year.
Dance scores comparatively was just not right on Monday!!!

Back