All-Star A Growing Issue... I.e. Crossovers On Worlds Teams (for Bid Obtaining Purposes)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Set a roster and allow for substitutions of max 3 for only injuries and quitting. 10 to me can be a game changer.
And if you need a 4th or 5th sub because of the worst luck ever, you need a approval from the USASF. Otherwise, you go to Worlds with less athletes. The 10 amount is just crazy. What team would truly and HONESTLY need 10 new athletes?

We want cheerleading to be a "real" sport? Act like one.

I completely agree with you! there is a reason substitutions/alternates are allowed. with teams of this caliber injuries happen and you need to be able to adjust. In my previous post, I left out this part. I am okay with it when used for its sole, original intent.

In addition to obtaining a bid with crossovers who will not be on that team on the worlds floor, I am also not okay with teams that are holding tryouts after receiving a paid bid. Both are unethical, IMO.
Yes I am confused by this too??? What are the tryouts for? You can not assume as the athlete who was on the floor when the paid bid was earned may or may not actually be the athlete competing at worlds? I am sure this is not a random thing just for the heck of it kind of thing....what is the reason? I hope I don't sound naive I am sincerely interested in the reason...

I'm pretty sure another well known and respected team did something similar last season, if I'm not wrong.

Someone please feel free to PM me the names of the gyms who did this, preferably with levels/teams attached. My pitchfork has dulled this past week, and my torch needs some new fuel.

Someone please feel free to PM me the names of the gyms who did this, preferably with levels/teams attached. My pitchfork has dulled this past week, and my torch needs some new fuel.
I'm still a little confused on why the request for secrecy of a PM. As of now, this is legal, so why not post them here? If the gyms in question have a problem with that, they shouldn't have done it in the first place.

Why do we play these games in cheerleading? Everyone wants it to be a sport, but doesn't have the cahoonas to call a spade a spade.

I'm pretty sure another well known and respected team did something similar last season, if I'm not wrong.

Wow, almost 20 years in all star cheer and I never even thought this was possible until this weekend. I was floored by the amount of "grey area" some programs operate in. We all want to be successful, but at what expense?

To me, this is winning $20k on false merit. If weather girls was comprised of 8-10 F5 girls and they won the bid over tsunami, someone would have burned the Gaylord down. Especially if those F5ers were later replaced by senior restricted and level 4 athletes once the paid bid was secured.

Trust me, I think it an issue. I'm hoping this thread can bring this issue to be dealt with by the USASF when it comes to rules revisions. But that doesn't get the bids back unfortunately.

Well our Worlds team is staying home......we have watched athletes win multiple bids for Worlds on different teams knowing they can only compete on one team, and the second team that they won the bid with be replaced by an alternate. I just hope the EP become savvy to this new practice and enjoy watching the bids go to alternates having lower skills. World bid athletes should be on one and one world team roster period, no excuses especially from HUGE gyms with over 2oo athletes shame on you, you know what you are doing!!!!

Yes! Give them diva girl!!!! Love that attitude. I don't know why people must find every loop hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back