All-Star A Night With The Popes.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree. And you know I typically follow the rules, despite being out-spoken. Rules are one thing. Gray areas are another. I would be singing a different tune if all four teams willingly competed. I would be devastated someone I look up to cheated. However, that is not how I feel about the situation.

All four teams DID willingly compete Kyle. I'm confused by how you see it differently. They all received placements. 3 out of the 4 received jackets and banners.

ETA -- the 4th team got 2nd. Which kept a 4th place team from getting 3rd. Which kept a 3rd place team from getting 2nd... you get what I'm saying.

I still only have one question after reading this entire thread... why was there a need for her to be on 4 teams in the first place?

All four teams DID willingly compete Kyle. I'm confused by how you see it differently. They all received placements. 3 out of the 4 received jackets and banners.

ETA -- the 4th team got 2nd. Which kept a 4th place team from getting 3rd. Which kept a 3rd place team from getting 2nd... you get what I'm saying.

Its my understanding (Its okay to correct me) That CEA asked to exhibition and Cheersport said "NO! We want as much competition in every division." IDK what I would do in that situation. I would probably just ask again, but if they said no, I don't feel I would have a choice other than to ask the announcer to announce us exhibition? I wouldn't ask the parents who drove all that way to not see their kids compete?

Because with the situation as it was having no competition, they were using cheersport as a practice for Dallas the next weekend

OK lunch eaten. Rational brain back in.

I still totally disagree that that's acceptable - competition isn't where you "practice". The gym is where you practice. And as was pointed out above - you don't get trophies, banners, and jackets for practice either. Like I said in my earlier post - I think the "4th" team should be the last one she competed with that day. Not the team that didn't "count" because there was no competing team.

Semantics. I see both sides, I just don't feel an exhibition is a team since they normally don't pay.

They. Were. NOT. Exhibitioning.

They got jackets. They got the title National Champion. They got a banner. They got the trophy. How is that exhibition?

Its my understanding (Its okay to correct me) That CEA asked to exhibition and Cheersport said "NO! We want as much competition in every division." IDK what I would do in that situation. I would probably just ask again, but if they said no, I don't feel I would have a choice other than to ask the announcer to announce us exhibition? I wouldn't ask the parents who drove all that way to not see their kids compete?

They should never have asked to do that to begin with. That's first and foremost my biggest issue. I know you well enough to know you would not have even considered trying to do that.

They. Were. NOT. Exhibitioning.

They got jackets. They got the title National Champion. They got a banner. They got the trophy. How is that exhibition?

I feel telling an EP you want to exhibition should be enough. As I said, I work in sales/marketing, and I know one thing no one ever trains you for is to hear "NO" so many times. IDK what I would do if I said I wanted to exhibition and was told "NO!"

I posted while you were typing this. But I'll ask you what I said earlier. There was no one else in the division. They were gonna win the division no matter what. As was said they could have laid on the floor for 2:30 and won. So WHY was it soooooo important to put this girl on the floor? Why not just say "OK. Well let's stick like glue to the rules and not take any chances. Let's run the routine without Susie."

I feel telling an EP you want to exhibition should be enough. As I said, I work in sales/marketing, and I know one thing no one ever trains you for is to hear "NO" so many times. IDK what I would do if I said I wanted to exhibition and was told "NO!"

No one is saying they shouldn't have competed. Just that they should have pulled the athlete from that particular team for that particular routine for that particular competition.

So in the process of "practicing" for Dallas, they won jackets and a banner all the while having an illegal athlete on the floor?? Why is this okay to anyone??

This will be last post on the subject, because they would have won the jackets regardless of what they did, they could have done back tuck baskets and rewinds and still won because they weren't competing against anyone. And the girl being on the floor 4 times doesn't put any of her teams at a competitive advantage, if anything it's a disadvantage

They should never have asked to do that to begin with. That's first and foremost my biggest issue. I know you well enough to know you would not have even considered trying to do that.

I can't answer that. I believe in crossovers, but I have never met a kid that would be willing to do more than two teams. Also, gyms I have coached at don't allow crossovers anyway really (besides boys and injuries).

I can't answer that. I believe in crossovers, but I have never met a kid that would be willing to do more than two teams. Also, gyms I have coached at don't allow crossovers anyway really (besides boys and injuries).
I only know of one child (besides the one mentioned in this thread) that loves to be on 3 teams. I think they're nuts. I love cheer, but how you could even possibly find the time and energy just baffles me. lol

I feel myself and everyone else is at a lost cause at this.

I feel I am trying to explain how I don't feel it was wrong, when I don't know all he facts.

I feel like others are trying to explain how it IS wrong, when they don't know the facts. I guess this will be my last post on the matter until Courtney, Cheersport, or USASF release something.

This will be last post on the subject, because they would have won the jackets regardless of what they did, they could have done back tuck baskets and rewinds and still won because they weren't competing against anyone. And the girl being on the floor 4 times doesn't put any of her teams at a competitive advantage, if anything it's a disadvantage

But the point is that she was on the floor 4 times. If they could of done anything and still won then why did they need her on that "exhibition" team so badly?

None of this is about an advantage. It's about the fact that the rule was broken, period. The girl was not allowed to be on that 4th team by way of the rules of the USASF. It doesn't matter what CSP wanted. It doesn't matter what CS allowed. The rules said no. They both did it anyway. The team should have competed without her...

No, they never came up with a suitable definition. Those were potential ones that were floating around and were being voted on but nothing really happened with it

So if there is no definition of what a program is, then why bother to make the statement "An individual will not be permitted to crossover from one program to another within the same event (Exception: An athlete from one
gym may crossover to one additional gym’s Level 6 team provided (s)he meets the age requirement.)" ? Since "program" isn't defined, then there's nothing to enforce.

I feel myself and everyone else is at a lost cause at this.

I feel I am trying to explain how I don't feel it was wrong, when I don't know all he facts.

I feel like others are trying to explain how it IS wrong, when they don't know the facts. I guess this will be my last post on the matter until Courtney, Cheersport, or USASF release something.

We got the facts straight from the dad of the girl involved. The issue is one side believing since one team had no competition in their division it was technically an "exhibition" and the other side believing it doesn't matter since the rules say no more than 3 teams. I am anxious, however, to see what the USASF/CS say of the matter once it's all done and overwith. Let's hope they release something. CS owes everyone a big apology and a WHOLE lot more that's for sure!!

Back